1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Internal corner tiling

Discussion in 'Tiling' started by firapara, 2 Jul 2014.

1. firapara

firapara

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Guys.

I will have two tiled internal corners in my shower room and want to use the internal corner trims for a nice alook and waterproofing. Can somebody please recommend some supplier/brand/type of trim that will do the job, i.e. nice look and stop water from going between tiles in the corner.

Thanks,

2. ree

ree

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have never used these inside corner trims - perhaps others will say if they work?

Often, inside corners, anywhere in the lay-out, are not grouted but white siliconed in to allow for movement.
    The same caulk thats used around the rim of a bath tub or shower base.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. jrh14

jrh14

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I have always used Schl├╝ter products for my tiling jobs. They do internal corners to match any fixtures or fittings.
    Have a look at their website. Hope this helps?

5. AdamCH

AdamCH

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As Ree says, better to use Silicone for the inside corners. I think you'll find it's easier to get it looking neat (trim will depend on you getting everything perfect like an external corner) and it will remain waterproof if there is slight movement between the walls (grout can crack).

Use the same silicone you use to seal between the base of the tiles and the tray/floor.

Very useful tool to get a neat silicone finish - Cramer Fugi Kit - http://www.sealantsonline.co.uk/pro...0010028&utm_source=google&utm_medium=products

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links