Internal Door....How Much Can I Take Off ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping to hang this internal "Lincoln" door (I know them as Colonist) tomorrow......the question is, how much can I safely take off the bottom . I know they are like egg boxes inside, and just wondered how much I can safely take off ?
396017520_3531283537111236_3883245665010400835_n.jpg

Sponsored Links
10mm safely, getting to 30mmm will be pushing it and risking cutting off the entire bottom strip.
Sometimes at the sides and ends you can see the depth of the softwood end sections.
How about you take part off the top and part off the bottom if you need to cut it down?

Thanks for that.......it looks like I need to take 2" off......so 1" off the bottom, and 1" off the top ?..........

Just been talking to a joiner friend, and he seems to suggest taking the 2" off the bottom, and then gluing the bottom rail back into place......any thoughts on this welcomed.....

Sponsored Links
Some of the doors will have details of how much you can remove

There will be guidance on how much can be removed in the information contained within the package. If you need to remove more you need to offer your joiner mate some cash to either do it or show you how.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back