internal garage coversion which has Inspection chamber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone,
I have been trying find an answer for the above matter and tried the Thames water (TW)and Local Council building regulation dept with out much help.I hope some one in this forum would be able to help who has done similar projects.

I am planning to convert existing internal Garage into a kitchen. When I was carefully looking I discovered an Inspection chamber ( IC) which drains sewer from 2 bathrooms from upstairs and not connected to anything else( private to me ) which is about 1 meter deep and 50 cm square. this is also connected to another IC downstream in my drive way about 3 meteres away from property.

TW- does not clearly say if it's private IC should I remove / relocate or just add an rodding eye from one of the pipes coming from the upstairs bathroom.
I am attaching the plan and picture of IC.

Since it is internal garage and already there is wall next to it due to our house is mid-terrace can I just use Y pipe and close the IC after adding the rodding eye to the upstairs pipe .#
Any lead would be much appreciated.
Regards
Am

Attachments

• Plan with manhole.jpg
    Plan with manhole.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 275
Sponsored Links
I doubt if building control will allow you to have a change of direction without cleaning access, although these days they are more relaxed since most drains are jetted rather than rodded.

can you not put in a bend just below the ceiling line and take the soil pipe externally and re connect outside?

many thanks Notch7 for quick reply. I can't put in a bend in ceiling as other toilet is coming from opposite direction. I am attaching more pictures. kind regards

Attachments

• Inkedplan2_LI.jpg
    Inkedplan2_LI.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 241

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back