Internal leaky Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Triton T180i shower and it seems to be leaking internally from the left hand side. What I have noticed is when the shower is turned off, if it is elevated to a head high position so that it can be attached to the wall, it leaks. What I have had to do is unscrew the head and drain the water out of the neck before I can then hang it up.

Do you think this is an easy repair job? Is it just a washer or something?

Sponsored Links
have you taken the cover off and looked. as it may appear to come from the left side as thats where the hole is in the casing for the hose.
it maybe the prd leaking.

Thanks for replying.

Yes I've had the cover off, the leak is coming from just above the stabiliser valve and below the cartridge flag.

It seeps out of the top when the shower head is raised, asthough the water is heading back up the neck and out.

have you checked the shower hose is not collapsing inside when you raise the showerhead and restricting the pipe causing excess pressure in the shower unit.

Sponsored Links
I've checked the shower neck and it's fine and the water comes out of the head ok.

The water seeps out of the top of the stabiliser valve. There is a rubber piece that sits on top about the size of a 50p. Is this supposed to block the water or should the water not be getting that far.

It's coming out of the holes on the top of the valve. There is a metal ring at the top aswell but this isn't stopping the water (and probably isn't designed to is it). Just seem to think it's probably something small but can't see what

i can't picture it at the moment i know the part you mean but seen so many.
i've had a triton t100 blow the seal in the same place

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back