Internal Stud Wall Timber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Just knocked down an internal partition wall in our bathroom made from 1930 ashblocks that were only 2.5 inch wide (+ render). The main reason the wall came down was because I am having a new boiler installed from tomorrow and after discussions with my plumber, we decided it would be best to replace this wall with a stud wall and place all the plumbing down through the this.

I need to buy the timbers tonight and just want to double check a few things.

1. Should I buy treated or untreated timber for a stud wall frame? It won't be exposed to any wet, but just making sure.

2. As the blocks were only 2.5 inch or 62mm and I want to not loose any bathroom, I assume I need to get timber + 25mm (plaster board both sides) to make the same width wall. That's only likely to allow me to use 60mm timber for the frame. I assume this is okay?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Its a bit late now unless your local 24hr Asda or Tesco stocks timber, but here goes

You can use untreated.

You can use CLS turned sideways on to give 38mm plus 25 plus 4 skim (67mm total).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back