Internal ultility and toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to work out the plans for our kitchen extension. I'm on at least the fifth redesign so far!

Is it practical, possible, desirable and financially viable to have a utility room and toilet in the middle of the house, with the kitchen/diner between it and the drains?

It will also be on the left of the house (from the front) but the current bathroom, kitchen and drains (and therefore all the plumbing) are on the right.

I don't like the layout with it at the back. Also don't like the idea of going into the toilet from the dining room part. Can't have it on the right of the house as the flow is all wrong.

Sponsored Links
And the reason for posting this information is?????

It's not information, it's a question. Basically, does it work to have a utility and toilet in the middle of the house, with a kitchen between it and the drains?

The rest is in case anyone thought of suggesting putting it elsewhere (because I've already thought of that).

Does that clarify?

Sponsored Links
Do you mean "Can you put drains to a room that does not have an external wall?"
What is the floor type? Can you go under it?
Can you afford to excavate a trench in a solid floor and make good?
Could you box-in a wall run drain across from the WC via the kitchen and could you afford the work and disruption?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back