internet abroad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everybody,
What is the best way to get wireless internet in Spain if we take our own laptop with us when we go on holiday.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I'd be very wary if you use the 3G wireless dongle, such as supplied by Orange, Vodafone, Talk Talk etc.
There have been cases in the recent past of people using their laptops abroad and incurring extremely high bills for quite modest internet usage.
Typical costs seem to be in the range of £3- £9 per MB whilst in Europe and can rise to as much as £30 per MB if elsewhere in the world.
1mb , isn't a lot of internet usage and can be done in a few minutes. Even loading your homepage abroad can use this up very quickly.

Thanks John,
I dont think we,ll bother taking the laptop now, the mrs and I are both retired so we go in an apartment quite often, also there are many internet shops where you can get 15 hours for 10 Euros, and unless somebody knows any different, that seems to be the best option.
Thanks.

Hello Amstel.
If your determined to take your laptop Not going Ryanair then check your destination for WiFi hot spots, Google it, Your accomodation may even have it available.

Cheers Mick.

Sponsored Links
I'd say take the lappy and see if you can find free wifi near by- eg McDonald's or see if a neighbour will let you offer to pay to piggy back.

Many pubs will also offer feee wifi.

As stated do not use your current mobile as a modem. I know stoopids who racked up £200/300 on their iphones (in a one week holiday)- then again most iphone users don't know how to tie up their laces...

Back