internet has gone slow after format, Windows XP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok so today i formatted my computer and reinstalled windows xp, everything went fine and connected to the internet and downloaded drivers a few programs etc.

but now its strange as my internet keeps getting really laggy and slow, i don't know why, i haven't changed anything with windows.

updates are off so it cant be them. another thing i have realized that if i started downloading my games from steam again the lag would stop or not be noticeable. i don't know if this is real or if its just coincidence

i have a belkin router and belkin wireless desktop card.

any help to this ASAP would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
What version of IE do you now have installed, as with updates off, has it updated to IE8? If not do that first and see how it performs.

Have you tried Firefox, get the latest version from here

Get all microsoft updates this may take 3 or 4 visits to get them all.

i use firefox, and i have all the updates. its strange now my internet is slow unstable and spikes all over the place, when start downloading it goes fine.

Sponsored Links
can anyone help me i want to be able to play games online again without having to be downloading.

my packet flow goes normal and just stops for a while, then starts again then stops.(this is if im not downloading)

if i am downloading the packet flow is constant and will give me perfect ping and no lag

Back