slow internet speed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anybody help i have sky broadband 2mb download i have my computer downstairs connected to router, my son has gaming computer upstairs using wireless connection and he keeps losing signal can anybody help
cheers

Sponsored Links
May need to be reset. If you decide to go down this road, make sure you have your username and password(if it is not set to remembered) to get back onto the internet.
It could be that the wireless adapter in your sons computer is on the blink. If your sons gaming computer is a laptop(not likely) then bring it to a friends house and try to log in to their wireless to confirm if the adapter is working correctly.
Could also be spyware on his computer. Might be worth scanning for that, and even trying a system restore to the last time the wireless worked correctly.
If all of these things fail, contact your broadband provider as there could well be a fault on their end, or on the line itself.
I am having a very similar problem with my own broadband right now. It works fine through ethernet but the wireless is not functioning correctly. I have tried all the obvious steps and my internet provider reckons there is a fault in the line and will investigate on monday.
Best of luck with it.

I am having a very similar problem with my own broadband right now. It works fine through ethernet but the wireless is not functioning correctly. I have tried all the obvious steps and my internet provider reckons there is a fault in the line and will investigate on monday.
Best of luck with it.

Surely if your internet is working well using ethernet then the problem lies with the wireless router not the line? Or am I missing something?

Sponsored Links
Best of luck with it.

Surely if your internet is working well using ethernet then the problem lies with the wireless router not the line? Or am I missing something?

No problem with the router. The company sent me a new one and it didn't solve the problem. A techie has since come out and fixed an error on the line.

can anybody help i have sky broadband 2mb download i have my computer downstairs connected to router, my son has gaming computer upstairs using wireless connection and he keeps losing signal can anybody help
cheers

I would suggest trying the download speed without the Router if it is separate to your modem.

If the problem seems to be with any of the hardware your ISP provides I would get in touch with them. Most have forums dedicated to the ISP.

I know if I was using my computer for gaming, I certainly wouldn't want to connect wirelessly. A hardwired connection from your sons computer to the router would be the best option.

Keeping them on the WIFI sounds like a good way of stopping them hog the whole line.

Sponsored Links
Back