Inverter Air Conditioner showing error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, my 7 months old Inverter Air Conditioner is showing me an error code 88 and switches off, sometimes it does it after minutes of being on and sometimes after 2 or 3 hours, one time did it after 2 or 3 hours of being on and then after a bit came back on itself so i did not pay to much attention but now has done it for the last 3 days and I have to wait to put it back on, can anyone advice if my air con has a problem or is this normal, thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
At 7 months old it should be under a manufacturer's warranty , I would give them a call and see what they say

i don't have the model but the make is a Luxor Inverter AC 1 tol, thanks

Sponsored Links
it does not have warranty as i am in UK, I bought it in America and sent it to another country for my family, some people are saying that the code 88 the AC shows is some kind of protection from something that the AC has but i am not quite sure, thanks

Hi, this is the model, LUXOR 12000 BTU Inverter Modelo LXAC-12KLD INV LED, thanks

Hang on let me get this straight ,

You're in the UK
The air conditioner was from the USA
And now it's in another country (which one)

Your first action should be to obtain the manufacturer's user manual for that model. There is a good chance it will be online.

I've just been looking for it , no luck yet

Maybe you will have better luck than me

Your first action should be to obtain the manufacturer's user manual for that model. There is a good chance it will be online.

No Luck yet, my mum says that is working fine now but the error code 88 shows on the remote and then the air con switches off, I bought the AC online in america and got it sent to Mexico where the AC is now, I remember that on the Manual there is something about this code 88 but my mum cannot understand it, thanks

that's is a good idea I ll do that tomorrow, thanks a lot I really appreciate your help, i ll get the photo tomorrow and i will post it in here, thanks again

Hi JohnD i ll try to do that as well tomorrow, that's is a good idea as well the vendor might be able to help, thanks a lot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back