IP address & subnet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a control panel & want to use a Siemens Logo mini PLC to control some relays etc, I have written the programme but when I try to load it from my laptop W8 the following message pops up "the ip addresses of your pc and the Logo are not in the same subnet, the application will try and add an additional local address", so I click yes and it pops up with "failed to assign a new ip address to your pc",

When I try the same operation with my desktop W7 it works fine and communicates with the Logo , any ideas?

Sponsored Links
On your Win7 PC, open a Command Prompt, type IPCONFIG and hit <enter>. Make a note of the PC's IP address, subnet mask and default gateway. (usually these are 192.168.X.Y, 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.X.1 (or 254) X will be between 0 and 254 and Y will be between 2 and 253 but could be either 1 or 254 depending on the last octet of the default gateway.

Now repeat this on the Win8 machine. You may find that the X value is different, along with the X value in the default gateway. If they are the same, make sure (on the WIN8 PC) you are running the program as an administrator. If they are not the same, you will have to assign a static IP address (in the correct subnet) to the WIN8 PC.
HTH

Sponsored Links
Back