Lightsys & RISCO Cloud

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. hope someone can point me in the right direction.
I have a working lightsys with a GSM module, its been working great. Set / unset + alerts at activation etc have all worked well.:)

Recently added an IP module.. Connected it to the network.
  • I can see its mac address connected to the IP address I assigned 192.168.1.8
  • Set the subnet mask as 255.255.255.0
  • Set the Default Gateway as 192.168.1.1
  • DNS set to 192.168.1.1
From a pc in the same subnet, I can ping the alarm, and it replies on 192.168.1.8 as expected. The router is 192.168.1.1, and it offers DNS
All looks good on the network side.

Alarm side, I went to:
  • PROGRAMMING --> SYSTEM --> CONTROL --> COMMUNICATION --> 4 CLOUD (Y)
  • PROGRAMMING --> SYSTEM --> COMMUNICATIONS --> CLOUD
Checked the password, port, and address all were at the defaults

Logged in at riscocloud.. Entered the details. When clicking "create" I see the following in red:
"Control panel never connected to check PIN":(

Checking the routers DNS logs I cant the alarm making any request for www.riscocloud.com to be resolved. So seems to be on the LAN but not trying to get to the internet.

What have I missed?:(

Sponsored Links
There isn't a right lot to program to be honest, have you checked all the connection settings.

currently it appears you have an ip connection (so with port forwarding on should be possible to log into the panel via ip, port forwarding not needed for cloud connection though), rather than a connection to the cloud.

If your struggling pm me and well see if we can get it up and running, have to be honest I tend to do Agility, and Risco have changed there cloud platform, but you should still be able to connect to the cloud, just engineers access is a little more complicated.

Thanks for the reply..

Should I be able to login to the panel locally via ip?
When does the panel attempt to "call home" ?

Will PM you once all the LAN etc is check

Sponsored Links
Thanks..
do you know anything regards:
  • Should I be able to login to the panel locally via ip?
  • When does the panel attempt to "call home" ?

Call home I mean, the alarm must register its self to the cloud via the defaults. But how often will it do that. Just constantly try or is there some trigger needed.

What’s CS? And how do I enable it?
Least then I can disprove any LAn network issues.

the panel polls regaulrly to ensure it is connected, in the ap it will tell you the last time it was connected.

the CS software is the programming software for the panel available to engineers

sent you pm

Hi,
Just an update on this..
So ran a 50m Ethernet lead around the house bypassing the internal stuff.
Checked the logs and could see the Alarm (192.168.1.37) reaching out to www.riscocloud.com. Much better!

Have had the internal cable re-pulled, and we just ran out of time to terminate the ends..

Will get those on tomorrow, hopefully, that might have been my issues..

thanks

sounds like your getting somewhere, cable could have been damaged then I guess as you could see the panel on the router previously, but didn't get to the cloud.

Thought id give an update.. So after a lot of work I have tracked down the issue to the way DHCP is issued by the Draytek router.. Using the BT router is fine.. Looking on the alarm, and the router there are errors on both.. Strange, both ping, so not sure what i can do now... Will look at it later..

I have disabled cloud for now and moved back to my previous setup.

All seems to work, but seem to have lost the ability to set/unset via SMS... (but can still get the status) This was previously working well.. Any thoughts?

Again, thanks for all your help on this.!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back