iPhone 12

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Coming soon. Wish I’d have waited. Gone back to the shape I like - squarish sides instead of that stupid slippery shape. Only recently bought a iPhone SE 2020 so even in my warped mind, I can’t justify getting the latest and greatest. Does look good though - I especially like the camera. (y)

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-12

Sponsored Links
234567891011121314 x c all the same.
it’s a mugs game.

Sponsored Links
Is it right what I read, it doesn't have a charger ? Has it got an everlasting battery ?

I heard that as well. Apparently they are expecting you to use your old charger from previous versions.

I heard that as well. Apparently they are expecting you to use your old charger from previous versions.
You won’t be able to do that. It’s got a USB 'C' cable. All previous ones were lightning cable. I’d imagine it would come with the cable but not not the charger. I would also imagine that the type of people that would be buying one of these would be using a wireless charger or at the very least, have a fair few USB chargers knocking about their house. We've got loads of USB chargers about the place as well as some built into our sofa and our alarm clock.

You won’t be able to do that. It’s got a USB 'C' cable. All previous ones were lightning cable. I’d imagine it would come with the cable but not not the charger. I would also imagine that the type of people that would be buying one of these would be using a wireless charger or at the very least, have a fair few USB chargers knocking about their house. We've got loads of USB chargers about the place as well as some built into our sofa and our alarm clock.

No it comes with usb c to lightning the same cable that is used for iPhone 11, so if you had that iPhone the charger will be compatible.

The comment suggesting it’s a mugs game to buy something nice is ridiculous you could say the same about buying a new car or going on holiday etc.

No it comes with usb c to lightning the same cable that is used for iPhone 11, so if you had that iPhone the charger will be compatible.
My mistake, I misread it. Anyway, iPhone 11 came with USB (not C) to lightning cable - same as iPhone 5 onwards.

Don't think I’ve seen a charger with a USB C outlet. (n)

FA51B8BA-B8C6-4193-BB4B-3B504035C03F.png 5B7A6F24-4C7F-48DA-A904-57C43828C894.png

Samsung phones have come without a new charger for a few years. Pain in the bum as I find the connectors aren't that good and don't last the lifetime of the phone.

Motorola still sell with chargers!

Back in the old days, phones came with spare batteries and you had an external stand in charger for both phone and spare battery. When they started selling them with internal batteries and 'plug up the arse' chargers as we called them, it was considered a backwards step!

A3A5B613-7A96-4C36-A951-47EDDD79750A.jpeg

My mistake, I misread it. Anyway, iPhone 11 came with USB (not C) to lightning cable - same as iPhone 5 onwards.

View attachment 208003 View attachment 208004

View attachment 208003 View attachment 208004

iPhone 11 Pro Max 100% came with usb c to lightning cable and charger. I have one.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-11

If you go to the in the box tab it shows that.

Even the picture of the 2 you posted shows it’s a usb c it just does not say it.

Even the picture of the 2 you posted shows it’s a usb c it just does not say it.

It actually does say it - I was just going by the text, didn't actually look at the pictures and that's what confused me. The text says USB - Lightning for the 11 and USBC - Lightning for the 12 but both pictures show a USBC - Lightning cable.

The only Apple item I have with a USBC connector is my iPad Pro and that has a USBA - USBC setup. I must be behind the times - I've never known a USBC - USBC or USBC - Lightning cable. Anyway, I live and learn!

Sponsored Links
Back