Iran

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will someone please have a word in their collective shell likes ?
The Tiger has had it's tail pulled once too often ... And fools rush in where wise men never tread !!

This is all getting a little scary, who would now count on the USA not 'Being able to take the body bag' returns ? One myth dispelled, and the president re-elected whilst it is happening .. There is one more, 'They would never use ........', Any one like to start a book ?
P

Sponsored Links
were not going to do it, were not going to do it, were not going to do it.....but they do sponser terrorism and are not democratic to our way of thinking...hooray for america...off we go then, sod the body bags. You coming to play mr blair....oh er um i dont know oh ok then.

VERY SCAREY

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go !! Closer than you think !!
.......Condoleezza Rice has said that an American attack on Iran is not on the agenda "at this point."
What did Secretary Rice mean?
She was stressing her view that diplomacy could prevent Iran from developing enrichment technology -- something the United States fears would allow Iran to develop a nuclear bomb. She was therefore signalling that an attack on Iran's nuclear facilties was not being planned. However, she was also saying that it was not ruled out in the future .......
:cry:

I don't think Blair will support USA this time, nothing to do with the general election is it? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If we keep going like this conscription might be re-started. ;) We might just make a man of Kendor yet :LOL:

It must be said that I'm not in possesion of the full facts here, having had more on my mind than watching the news for the last 2 days, but the impression I get is:

Good 'ol George W, "well I didn't get the fantasic response I expected invading Iraq, who else can we pick on??"

If there is genuine cause to beleive that Iran are "bankrolling terror", then lets see the evidence before commencing another unneccesary war....

"Awww no, not Hans Brix!" as Kim Jong Il says in "Team America". Great film, especially if you aren't too keen on ole' Dubbyah. :LOL:

Thing is, Iran has significantly more developed, better equipped armed forces than Iraq did, according to "the internet" (and we all know how reliable it is ;) )

Now assuming that is correct, we could undoubtedly kick their Salman Rushdie-hating bottoms, but it would be a real headache for us and the US. Lots dead on all three sides (us, them and the civilians), lots of big bangs. Not to mention the fact that they would hate us for several generations and this hatred would possibly stir up greater trouble later on.

I for one don't like the idea of nukes in the hands of a religious-fundamentalist nutter. But enough about Dubbyah ;) ... do we really want a situation where a potentially dangerous country such as Iran, ends up with nuclear weaponry? Especially when "the internet" also claims they are working on ballistic missiles with 1000 mile range. Sure, we aren't within that distance of Tehran, and I would hope even the Ayatollah wouldn't want to start WW3. But it is kinda like laying out your wedding tackle on the table, and letting a maniac who hates you, sit opposite you with a 4lb hammer "On condition you don't use it". It isn't a clever situation to be in.

I'm pretty sure that marching into Iran wouldn't really solve a lot though. I think the way around this one is either
1) Make it a bad thing for Iran, for Iran to have powerful weapons (the trade embargo method), or
2) Make it a good thing for Iran, for Iran to NOT have powerful weapons (the "North Korea" method :D ).

However, last time we tried to persuade an insane regime against developing nuclear weapons, France irradiated half the Pacific. :eek:

Again, stop me if i'm wrong, but:

Has Iran ever been even the slightest threat to great britain? To the best of my knowledge, no.

If you're going to bring weapons of mass destruction into it, I argue this: I have several sharp knives in my kitchen, don't break into my flat and I won't stab you!

I'm starting to form the opinion that George W is now spoiling for a fight, like the yobs you see out on a friday night - "you want some, do you?"

And the startling truth is that although we somehow got away with it last time, at some point one side or the other is going to press that big red button and it's goodnight vienna for all of us....

World was a much more benign place before 9-11.

I have said, and simply say again, Pull the Tiger's tail enough times and you will be bitten. .... The Tiger has shown but a tiny number of teeth thus far, I know which side I am on when the chips, inevitably come down.
P

jasy said:
If we keep going like this conscription might be re-started. ;) We might just make a man of Kendor yet :LOL:
Too old, too ill to go, thank god.

kendor said:
jasy said:

You will find sympathy between s*it and syphillis :LOL:

the real tiger is china, fastest growing economy, population etc and no-ones going to pull that tail. Life was a damn site more stable when we played chess with the russians for 45 years on a global scale

PART ONE

They told us Saddam had Weapons of Mass Destruction. They said they had overwhelming evidence

Saddam said he didn't have any.

They told him he was a liar and would have to be physically removed unless he gave them up.

Saddam said he couldn't give them up as he didn't have any.

They persuaded us Saddam was lying and they went in there to kick him out.

BUT...they didn't find any Weapons of Mass Destruction.

PART TWO

They said Iran had the capability to make a nuclear bomb

Iran said no, it was using nuclear energy only

They said Iran was lying and would have to give up its capability of making a nuclear bomb

Iran said they couldn't give up a capabilty they didn't have.

They persuaded us.....or were we a bit more "once bitten twice shy" this time???????

George asked you did he ?

He asked and got his answer at the elections .... we may regret the day ! But the Yanks have plenty to fight for and with.
They will play the chess game and be the ones with the last of the oil when the day comes.
We of course must tighten our belts and take a step or two backwards to allow the Chinese growth in prosperity .... Or so it seems.
P ;)

jasy said:
kendor said:
jasy said:

You will find sympathy between s*it and syphillis :LOL:
Who asked for sympathy? merely stating my relief that i will not be called up, still you seem to enjoy the thought of going abroad and killing and butchering a few innocents so perhaps you will get your chance, I feel so happy for you.

Sponsored Links
Back