Irish music

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else love a good old Irish song, reminds me of my Dad.

The town I loved so well
The fields of athenry

Love em.

Sponsored Links
Sailed across to Howth, just outside Dublin one year. Some interesting nights in the pub with assorted 'musicians', the band might have been 6 people swelling to 12 as more joined in, people playing spoons, washboards, penny whistles and flutes. It was weird how amongst all the traditional Irish stuff they'd throw in some Hendrix and Dylan, quite surreal.

Sponsored Links
In my late 20's I used to regularly attend a popular open mike & jam night at a notorious rock/biker pub. This one night an old bloke had turned up wanting to sing Fields of Athenry . . . . . We asked around if any of the musicians could play for him & discovered one guitarist who knew the tune.

Old bloke nailed it, 50 odd hairy @r$ed bikers & rock chicks were converted.

In my late 20's I used to regularly attend a popular open mike & jam night at a notorious rock/biker pub. This one night an old bloke had turned up wanting to sing Fields of Athenry . . . . . We asked around if any of the musicians could play for him & discovered one guitarist who knew the tune.

Old bloke nailed it, 50 odd hairy @r$ed bikers & rock chicks were converted.
Would of loved to see that

Anyone know "paddy on the railway" bit of oldie lol

That great guitar player
Rory Gallagher one of the greats

As was that other brilliant Irish guitarist Gary Moore

That great guitar player
Rory Gallagher one of the greats

As was that other brilliant Irish guitarist Gary Moore

Relative of mine sings in a Rory Gallagher tribute band,, they've played in Ireland a few times at some annual RG festival.

Daniel ODonnell playing at the market every Saturday, oh how we cringed as we walked past.

Relative of mine sings in a Rory Gallagher tribute band,, they've played in Ireland a few times at some annual RG festival.
Apparently Rory almost became a member of the Rolling Stones

And could well have been had not richards been bombed out of his head and Rory had not had to catch a flight to Japan

Jimmy Hendrix mentioned him as one of his guitar influences

Sponsored Links
Back