irresponsible adverts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The RAC advert, kids playing football near the road, kids messing with rocket shoes, driver talking to a guy with rocket shoes whilst shes driving, an advert for insurance :eek: imagine making a claim and saying some fella flew in front of you with rocket shoes playing football with some kids :eek: the checks in the post :LOL: another one the post office, watch it next time i think were dealing with a gang of shoplifting pick-pocketing ants :eek:

Sponsored Links
so whats the irresponsible part? this is tv commercials, right?

jbonding said:
The RAC advert...
I was thinking exactly the same thing. It's not a fantastic advert for road safety, is it? :rolleyes:

The new one has a bloke in a Jeep on the motorway. Now maybe I'm odd, but if a bloke in rocket shoes appeared at the window and started jabbering on about how many miles I did, my reaction probably wouldn't calmly be "Oh, mostly motorway stuff," it would more likely be "AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!" as I drove into the lorry in the next lane in surprise!! :LOL:

What about the one where the woman jumps off the bridge and rides on top of an express train? Crazy or what?

joe

Sponsored Links
or the one with the jet taking off and the woman being hurled into the air

all part of a wake up call

sublimimal messages telling us that our lives are too TAME

so taking notice of this we should all be dare devils :cool:

There is an advert for motorcycle insurance (Bennetts) which shows the speedo registering 146mph.

There used to be an advert which I think was for mobile phones.
Anyway, it had people throwing snowballs at others heads and faces.

I felt that was a bit reckless but maybe Im just a boring mumsy parent.
Given that kids often scrunch the snow ball into a rock hard lump of ice and also that often grit and stone are picked up in the snow, I think it was irresponsible.

My hubby hates the adverts about domestic violence/ sexual abuse when they show them first thing and at times when children can view them.

Our children get quite worried that some children are scared in their own homes and ask lots of questions about it.

I disagree with hubby on this one because it brings it out into the open and children need to know that they are not alone.

I tell hubby he is simply doing the .. 'not in my backyard' thing.

Next time you see the ad for egg cards with the hamsters in it, it starts off with the male one scratching his *******s and then the wife saying "at first i thought he was having an affair" :eek: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back