Is 3.0 bar too high on a Valiant ecotec?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had a Vaillant ecoTEC boiler fitted earlier this year and all has been fine until I got home from a week working away on Friday. The boiler was off and after searching on this forum for the error code which was F22 I managed to resolve this! I turned the two grey knobs and the boiler filled up again and off it went. So was very happy to get the boiler going again and have heating on a very chilly night.

My worry is that the bar reading since then is moving between 3.0 and 3.3 and the dial is in the red and looks maxed out. Is this OK and safe? Have I done the right thing?

Any advice would be greatfully accepted, especially as I am girl living on my own!

Sponsored Links
Your pressure is rather high, the needle should be in the lower grey area, however it's not dangerous as the boiler should dump the excess pressure... you may see a pipe outside dripping... The pressure needs to be reduced however and this can be done by draining a little water from one of the radiator drains or one of the drains on the boiler

Many thanks...I was worried that the boiler would explode or something. I'll try draining some water out of one of the radiators

yes this is to high, the pressure should be between 1 and 1.5 bar when cold. i think that when you have been filling up you have put to much pressure in the boiler. You should get someone who know what there doing to drain a little bit of to reduce it, however if your boiler was reading f22 it could indicate that there is a leak on your system which if not treated will keep happening and could get worse.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back