is british gas ripping us off,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
500 million proffit, plus a 15% increase should the regulator step in and make them cut the increase. to say 5%, or is 15% justify :eek:

Sponsored Links
Anyone that's still with British gas after all the bad publicity and warnings from watchdog etc deserves to be ripped off by them.

500 million isn't a lot for a big company.

to some degree i agree with joe.

big company gains can soon turn to losses in a volatile marketplace.

reinvestment is huge with energy companies.

forunately the option to switch is there for all.

Sponsored Links
I don't think there is a substantial gain in swapping from one supplier to another, in the long term I think they pretty much even out.

However I have no doubt that the suppliers all collude to set gas prices, just the same as the Supermarkets have done and Virgin and BA have done.

My problem is that when they are caught out, as they invariably are, the huge fines imposed are not returned to the customer, as they ought to be via the lowering of prices but go straight into the coffers at Westminster.

BG do themselves no favours though, did you hear what was on Jeremy Vine today about them breaking into the houses of customers of EON and EDF and BG did not have the guts to respond to appeals for a BG Rep to appear on the show.

Anyone that's still with British gas after all the bad publicity and warnings from watchdog etc deserves to be ripped off by them.

richard, i'm still with BG for the simple reason is the gas industry is only just settling down, ( for the moment), the next few weeks, then i will move, as i do every six to twelve months.

I'm annoyed at the mo, as, Highjack. my daughter lives next door to me, private rental, off a friend, there's, her and my grandaughter, her water bill... £444, us,£368, an £110 increase to me.

Asked united utillites , why the difference ?????????????????????

they said because of the rateable value of your house!!

Both are identicle. she uses less water than us???

Idea, free of charge meter fitted for her. she's only been out of our house for six months, she can have a bath with my grandaughter, all day long, at my house, her bill goes to next to nothing???

BG do themselves no favours though, did you hear what was on Jeremy Vine today about them breaking into the houses of customers of EON and EDF and BG did not have the guts to respond to appeals for a BG Rep to appear on the show.

This happened to my mother over 20yrs ago,she came home finding 2 men changing her electric meter over to a prepay

"how have you got in?"

The door was open (Never)

Any, long story short, after seven month?, she got a bill for, whatever, and she ended up explaining to the manager or who ever, that she hase'nt had electric for x amount as she'd been cut of with this incident that happened, 7 months ago,he sorted it, but should it of happened?

https://www.ukpower.co.uk/price+updates.asp
Use this web page to check who has increased and deduce who hasn't done so... Changing supplier during a period of change one could jump from frying pan into fire.
Atlantic E&G, part of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group, most recent announced increase 1st March 2007... I guess they are due.

:(

Read and note those meter readings, monthly is fine... It makes sense.
:cool:

do meter's save you and cash and how do they work ,per gallon or per cube meter :confused:

For the energy companies, privatisation was a licence to print money, the same can be seen with rail. The only market that seems to have seen competition and price decreases is telecoms.

Sponsored Links
Back