Generous gas meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a pay-as-you-burn gas meter fitted last week. All working fine etc.

Bought £15 credit on the wee card as we were down to a few pence. Stuck it in and now the meter says I've got £116 credit! :eek:

Meter's with Brit Gas. Took us 6 months of repeated calls to them to get them to come fit the sodding thing, so I'm not exactly over-awed with their service and, subsequently, not prone to spontaneous co-operation with them.

So what should I do? Play dumb and pretend I never spotted the error or report it in case they sting me for meter fraud?? :confused:

Sponsored Links
paying with prepayment meter is by far the most expensive way to buy your gas or electric you can pay up to 40% more if you choose that route :cry:

just keep topping up the meter with what you think your using and let them sort it out

wanabechippie said:
Had a pay-as-you-burn gas meter fitted last week. All working fine etc.

Bought £15 credit on the wee card as we were down to a few pence. Stuck it in and now the meter says I've got £116 credit! :eek:

Meter's with Brit Gas. Took us 6 months of repeated calls to them to get them to come fit the sodding thing, so I'm not exactly over-awed with their service and, subsequently, not prone to spontaneous co-operation with them.

So what should I do? Play dumb and pretend I never spotted the error or report it in case they sting me for meter fraud?? :confused:

You jammy barsteward :LOL: i;ve got one aswell, like big all said it costs alot :( you've got 2 options either say nowt ;) or tell them, me i would go for the first option :LOL: then play dumb, as in say " I only put money on when the gas runs out, I don't keep a check how much is on sorry " :LOL: end of the day it's not your fault ;)

Sponsored Links
I'd say check the reciept for the gas you bought, see if it says £116 lol, but on a paypoint machine, you cant put more than £20 on a quantum gas card at a time anyway. Not sure if they can at the post office.

Believe me, we checked and double checked. :D

Meter display says £116 and the receipt from post office says £15.

I noticed the bloke at the counter has to enter the amount into 2 separate machines (gas credit thingy and payment thingy). Could be he hit the wrong keys on the credit thingy ... 3 times? :confused:

AFAIK, the post office now have a seperate machine to process quantum gas and the new electricity keys, sort of looks like a portable pip and chin machine. I assume it works like our paypoint machine.

We put the credit on the card using the PayPoint machine (big yellow box with touch display), then key the amount into the till, in order to take the payment from yourself. Therefore you get two reciepts, one from the paypoint and one from the till.

Did you get two reciepts from the post office? Im not sure if you should, but if it takes two machines to process the payment, i'd think they should give you both reciepts unless they are linked somehow.

Try going back to the P off and ask the manager if they had a massive short on their quantum gas machine!

As markie says play dumb , sounds like post office mistake.. Stick a tenner on the card in the next week and see if it changes amount of credit back down if not xmas has come early

Sponsored Links
Back