Is ECO mode meaningful on a system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

moved into a property with a Worcester Greenstar HE system boiler, "ZB 7-27 HE system" and I want to ensure I am using it efficiently.

It has eco and comfort modes, but all the descriptions seem to be about whether water is held at temperature within the boiler system. I can't see how this is relevant seeing as we have a hot water tank. How does ECO mode work when you have a hot water tank?

Kind Regards,

Matt

Sponsored Links
Greenstar ECO mode is suited to your installation, because in that mode the boiler doesn't pre-heat the DHW

What Dhw would that be then, seeing as though it`s a system boiler?

and is, not direct judging by the posters description? I`m not making assumptions just asking how direct hot water can be direct if it`s not a combi, :?:

We might have to wait a while before Softus comes up with something for this one. Not that he`s a Charlatan. ;)

Greenstar ECO mode is suited to your installation, because in that mode the boiler doesn't pre-heat the DHW

What Dhw would that be then, seeing as though it`s a system boiler?

and is, not direct judging by the posters description?
Do you have the slightest clue what you're talking about?

I`m not making assumptions just asking how direct hot water can be direct if it`s not a combi, :?:
There you go again - confusing the forum with a training school for pratts. Go and look it up if you don't understand, and leave the topic to people who do.

We might have to wait a while
"We"? Is that a reference to multiple personalities, you pathetic, trolling, moron?

Sponsored Links
There you go again - confusing the forum with a training school for pratts. Go and look it up if you don't understand, and leave the topic to people who do.

It`s a direct hot water system set up then, is it? just get to get this really crystal clear???

It`s a direct hot water system set up then, is it? just get to get this really crystal clear???
Just get to get this really crystal clear - go away.

You seem to have filled your pants, probably because you have just met your match, you arrogant oaf, do you know the difference between a system and combi boiler?

Obviously not, if you do not, don`t advise. :rolleyes: stick to ****houses and bathroom suites.

Don`t bother coming back in like hours from now or tomorrow after researching it all, you`ll just look even sadder.. :cry:

Bye, bye credibility.... ;) :D :D :D

I have read a lot of your posts and you seem to take great pride in belittling people with your over inflated opinions,

How does it feel to be humiliated and exposed for the blustering bullshit merchant that you really are? Enjoy it, because everybody else on this forum will enjoy you being brought down a peg or two. Made my day.

Nitey nite know all..xx

do you know the difference between a system and combi boiler?
Yes I do, but I believe your question to be irrelevant.

You seem to base your posts on how you want things to be, not how things are, so your confidence is somewhat misplaced. Most people in your position realise their mistake and then vanish, never to be seen again.

I wish you no ill; in fact, I wish you a very Happy Christmas, and a prosperous New Year.

The Eco setting has nothing to do with 'energy saving' as such.

Mis-named by WB in my opinion.

All the 'Eco' button does is switch from DHW priority to whichever is required, CH or DHW, as in normal 'Y' plan.

It only works in conjunction with the optional WB diverter valve fitted to the boiler.

Round 1 to Softus in this case I think ;)

You seem to have filled your pants, probably because you have just met your match, you arrogant oaf, do you know the difference between a system and combi boiler?

Obviously not, if you do not, don`t advise. :rolleyes: stick to ****houses and bathroom suites.

Don`t bother coming back in like hours from now or tomorrow after researching it all, you`ll just look even sadder.. :cry:

Bye, bye credibility.... ;) :D :D :D

I have read a lot of your posts and you seem to take great pride in belittling people with your over inflated opinions,

How does it feel to be humiliated and exposed for the blustering bulls**t merchant that you really are? Enjoy it, because everybody else on this forum will enjoy you being brought down a peg or two. Made my day.

Nitey nite know all..xx

I think a bit of research on the function of the ECO mode on a Worcester system boiler would have been an idea.

You have jumped in with both feet and your shoes are now covered in Sheeeite.....oooops :oops:

I wish you no ill; in fact, I wish you a very Happy Christmas, and a prosperous New Year

All the very best to you and yours Sir, and to all contributors and Mods etc, May this year be your best year, may the road rise up to meet you all and may the wind be always at your backs!

Merry Christmas to one and all!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

God bless! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D :D :D :D

Softus;
because in that mode the boiler doesn't pre-heat the DHW.

This system provides an indirect hot water system, NOT A DIRECT WATER SYSTEM (DHW) I wasn`t talking about the ECO function on the boiler, study your systems. Softus was wrong. So are the rest of you.

BYEEEEEEEE!!!!!! ;)

think a bit of research on the function of the ECO mode on a Worcester system boiler would have been an idea.

You have jumped in with both feet and your shoes are now covered in Sheeeite.....oooops :oops:

I think an apprenticeship in plumbing, a smaller gob and resisting the temptation to jump on the bandwagon when you are as thick as a plank might have been a good idea ;)

ECO mode just lowers the boiler max temperature.

Without the optional (and very rarely fitted) internal diverter valve the boiler has absolutely no idea if it is doing CH or HW.

On colder days you will probably need the ECO setting turned up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back