Is flexible waste an option here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd welcome suggestions as to how to deal with a problem I have. I have a vertical waste pipe coming up into a unit, into which feeds the utility room waste pipes from sink, washing machine and boiler condensate.

DSC_7384.JPG

I need to move the unit around 20mm to the right. This is to fit in an 18mm end panel elsewhere in the run of units. If I do this, the connector on the left will end up in the middle of the two unit walls and not be very accessible if I ever need to get to it. Would something like the McAlpine flexi waste connector with compression ends be useful here? I'd prefer not, as the prevailing wisdom seems to be against their use, but I can't think of another way of doing it that would maintain accessibility. [The idea would be that with the bottom connector undone, I could slide the flexible part out to the right for access to undo it]
Any thoughts.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back