Is Islam A Religion of Peace

Just noticed this reply.

There isn't a flaw in her argument as she is just stating the facts, that the Koran teaches violence but some followers of islam choose not to follow that aspect of their religion.
Just as many Christians choose not to follow what the bible teaches.
Isn't that what I said?

Therefore only 'choosing to follow' the parts which correspond to how they lead their lives anyway - and so, nothing to do with the religious teachings.

Sponsored Links
Can't you see the stupidity of your own statement?

most muslims in this country want to live in peace,therefore its a peacefull religion for them becuase thats wat they choose live.
but isis dont want to live in peace, they want power ,war, and lust for killing.

Sponsored Links
Yet it is the same religion. Just as christian god botherers here cherry pick hte nonsense they want to believe from the bible and ignore the equally valid [sic] claptrap about God sanctioned rape, pillage, slavery and murder (of children as well as adults) ... people of all religions can be peaceful. As long as they have chosen to follow the peaceful part of their drivel.

I know lots of Muslim, Jew and Christian believers, all peaceful, and all have the same blinkered ignorance of the less savoury parts of their fairy tales.

Yet it is the same religion. Just as christian god botherers here cherry pick hte nonsense they want to believe from the bible and ignore the equally valid [sic] claptrap about God sanctioned rape, pillage, slavery and murder (of children as well as adults) ... people of all religions can be peaceful. As long as they have chosen to follow the peaceful part of their drivel.

I know lots of Muslim, Jew and Christian believers, all peaceful, and all have the same blinkered ignorance of the less savoury parts of their fairy tales.

your angry about it, arnt you. you been disappointed, you have seen hypocrisy, and its made you go against it.
i can understand that, i would be to.

My simple thinking is that people are either good or bad, human nature.
Just some of them blame their choices/actions on the bible/whatever book.
It almost seems like they can take less responsibility, the Lord told me to do it guv.

All religions are awful.

Pastafarianism, not one drop of blood has been shed in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster..

Just noticed this reply.

Isn't that what I said?

Therefore only 'choosing to follow' the parts which correspond to how they lead their lives anyway - and so, nothing to do with the religious teachings.
Oh I don't know I got a little lost in your verbosity but admittedly I wasn't giving it my full attention .......but now now more to the point quoting me again ?

you mentioned child abuse in the church, ect.
i dont think i mentioned contradictions.

I have mentioned it in the past, but not in this thread. The various religions are riddled with contradictions. It's what makes them so hilarious - if it wasn't so tragic about all the death and suffering inflicted upon humanity by those that "believe".

Can you explain why one should follow a religion that advocates rape, pillage, slavery and murder (of children as well as adults)?

I doubt it very much.

My simple thinking is that people are either good or bad, human nature.
Just some of them blame their choices/actions on the bible/whatever book.
It almost seems like they can take less responsibility, the Lord told me to do it guv.

All religions are awful.

we are capable of good and evil, some choose to be evil,some choose to be good, we are all accountable for our own actions. religous or not. God looks at our hearts, not how much we know about doctrine or not.

Before the Twin Towers, I was blissfully unaware about muslims and their backwards religion/ideology/brainwashing. 9/11 literally provided me with a crash course on all I needed to know.

Unfortunately, nothing I have seen or heard since has made a convincing case that my initial impressions were wrong, or that I should change my opinion. In fact, their increasing presence among us in western civilisation reinforces my antipathy - unfortunately almost on a daily basis.

article-2035419-0049E46600000258-317_306x423.jpg

One of the most frightening and moving films I've ever seen was either United 93 or flight 93 ( I can't remember which is which) the TV version was much more dramatic than the film version it was the one plane where the passengers fought back and the plane didn't reach its objective.

A lot of the passages managed to speak to their families on mobiles so the potrayal is as accurate as it's possible to be. Very harrowing because it's true.

Sponsored Links
Back