Is Islam A Religion of Peace

Anyway -

"But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.” 1 Corinthians 11:3

Sponsored Links
Muslim is not a race. It is a doctrine.

Actually a Muslim is one who follows the Islamic Religion.

Surely there is a fundamental flaw in her argument.

Actually no, there's no flaw in her argument in that the west has to stop burying it's head in the sand, and support the current bunch of Islamic dissidents, in the same way that it supported the Russian dissidents in the 80's. Whilst Christianity and Islam have their roots in violence to those who don't follow their teachings, Christians have moved with the times, but many Muslims haven't, and it's only the dissidents who are trying to update the outmoded view of the Koran.

Why then, assume that one ex-Muslim's opinion is the all-knowing, all-defining, expert opinion on Islam?
Islam, like all other religions is a pluralistic church

Oddly enough Himmy, it's you that she's referring to in her post, as being one of the westerners that tolerate the intolerance of Islam, by being a liberal apologist for it.

Before the Omagh bombing, I was blissfully unaware about christians and their backwards religion/ideology/brainwashing.

Sorry, shouldn't that be Catholics rather than Christians; and the IRA was a political organisation that wanted a unified Ireland, even though it was at times it was rooted in a conflict between the Catholics and the Protestants.

You would think that considering the population size of the Middle East 2000 - 6000 years ago, and Europe in the mid 20th century, your divine omnipotent being would have chosen the latter for a bit of direct intervention to save his chosen people.

Because his sacrifice [sic] was worth bugger all in the grand scheme of things.

if God did not have a plan of salvation, which he revealed to adam and eve,after they fell, none of us would be here.

God could of intervened, but to stop hitler, he would of had to judge the whole world as well. including the jews.

but to stop hitler, he would of had to judge the whole world

Why? He didn't judge the whole world when he instructed the massacre of those that displeased him. What about all the Chinese walking around at the time of the holocausts directly ordered by God?

he revealed to adam and eve

Do you seriously believe the human race came from 2 people.... one made from the bits of the other?

Sponsored Links
Actually a Muslim is one who follows the Islamic Religion.
So, not a race, then.

Actually no, there's no flaw in her argument in that the west has to stop burying it's head in the sand, and support the current bunch of Islamic dissidents, in the same way that it supported the Russian dissidents in the 80's.
Ok, but supporting islamic dissidents is a bit different than supporting communist dissidents but that is what I have been advocating - a concerted effort to expose the stupidity of religion.
They won't do it, though, as that means the same would apply to our version of the nonsense.

Whilst Christianity and Islam have their roots in violence to those who don't follow their teachings, Christians have moved with the times,
You mean have rejected christianity (the doctrine)?
but many Muslims haven't,
Still devout followers, you mean?
and it's only the dissidents who are trying to update the outmoded view of the Koran.
You mean reject islam (the doctrine)?

if God did not have a plan of salvation, which he revealed to adam and eve,after they fell, none of us would be here.

God could of intervened, but to stop hitler, he would of had to judge the whole world as well. including the jews

And do you believe - like a hell of a lot of Americans - that the world is only 6000 years old. Why can't religious people under understand that God created this universe as an experiment. The world is 4.5billion years old, and life developed as a natural process. The story of Adam and Eve, and the world being made in seven days was a done because 2000 years ago, very few people could even count, let alone consider numbers like a billion, The bible was written to teach people easy concept ideas. You don't teach 5 year olds Quantum equations.

Believe it or not, God has no master plan, nor divine judgment, and certainly no idea of salvation for us; we all have personal responsibility for our actions, and will have to accept the consequences of them. And what you don't learn in this life, you'll just keep coming back time and time again, till you do.

I always remember talking to a born again Christian, and he knew that when he died, he'd sit on the right hand of God, and I had one of those epiphany moment that made me realise "what makes you think you're worthy of sitting there", and then a Monty Python moment realising how crowded it's be.

Here's another one - never heard of it before.

It's a new one on me as well, but even if it was the girls choice to fast, even in India where kids have to grow up early, I would still say the parents should be done for negligence, as even an Indian 13 year old isn't mature enough to make such a profound decision. Thanks for highlighting the issue EFL

we work for a hindu lady who believes in reincarnation i.e you come back as some thing else after death

A stray cat came around her house , which she believed was a reincarnation of some one that she has known during her life, so she was or felt obliged to help the cat , feed it give it shelter ect

all might sound a bit quirky ? but I must admit I do like that approach/attitude / way of thinking

Because, when trawling his favourite "nutters against Islam" website, he found a video that happens to suit his beliefs and prejudices.

So he does his best to republish it, thinking other people will share his views.

Many do. Many more, every day.
we work for a hindu lady who believes in reincarnation i.e you come back as some thing else after death

A stray cat came around her house , which she believed was a reincarnation of some one that she has known during her life, so she was or felt obliged to help the cat , feed it give it shelter ect

all might sound a bit quirky ? but I must admit I do like that approach/attitude / way of thinking

Ahhh tell me it was Brian Setzer...

Sponsored Links
Back