Is it advisable to bring a concrete floor slightly up above a door frame?

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking about with the ventilation. Would be good to clarify that if someone can?

Yes, I’ll make sure the joists sit flat. I was thinking of screwing them down into the current concrete floor with screws that would penetrate perhaps an inch or so into it with a rawl plug.

With regard to services running underneath, the only thing that could be in the vicinity would be the mains cold water incoming supply. However as this was put in when the property was built some 80 years ago, and long before the room in question was built, I would hope that it runs a bit lower than 1 inch below the floor level. Gas is well out of the way as is electrics.

I’ve worked with Celotex before but only in a small area so I used a Stanley knife and cut both sides then wiggled it apart. In this case I’ll likely use a handsaw with a flat edge if I need to.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back