Is it an electrical fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a new bath fitted at the weekend and the plumber caught the electric wire for the boiler in the panel, this blew the fuse in the airing cupboard. Got it sorted but since then my boiler continues to be in heating mode and the pump is still going even when the the timer says its off, or it will switch itself back on at the boiler, but control panel in airing cupboard is not active and the heating isn't on. Has the bathroom fitted messed up the wiring for the central heating? At the moment I am switching my heating and hot water on using the switch in the airing cupboard, because my pump is getting very hot. The boiler is a Vaillant eco TEC plus and was installed 2 months ago along with a new pump.

Sponsored Links
As your pump appears to be in the airing cupboard I assume you have an ecotec plus 4** boiler?

Sounds as though the fuse blowing episode could have blown the microswitch in the heating zone valve so it is permanently on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back