Is it illegal to do this?

If you think the cost is outrageous (and you may well be correct on this) have you costed an amount you think should be realistic ie time taken on job and hourly rate to start with then cost of any materials?

Sponsored Links
That`s the first sensible thing you`ve said.

Margaret Thatcher is indeed to blame for everything

Sponsored Links
I know the dangers of electricity but its the outrageous amount of money the network want to do the simple job, anyway I have now emailed the application through to get a site visit to the property !

Right then, it seems that sound advice from the good folk of this forum is being followed. So hoorah for that.

It might be an outrageous price you are charged.

It might not be as outrageous as you think it is once you consider what it costs to run a business (any business) on top of employees wages etc then pay shareholders etc.

However, what would be outrageous, really truly awfully outrageous would be if you paid the ultimate price yourself because you risked death, burns and blindness to save a few quid (Didn`t Rod Hull of "EMU" fame discover just such a saving?).

The risks are very real, tampering would be illegal . Do the right thing.
I`m glad to see you`ve started your enquiry to your DNO. Live long and prosper!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back