Is it just me or are evenings still getting darker?

The problem actually was started by Maggie Thatcher.

You don't really believe that the Thatcher woman has been able to influence 99% of the climate experts, researchers and universities in the world, do you.

Today experts believe that Cholera is an infectious disease which can be carried in contaminated water. So if that's what they all believe, it must be... umm..... err......

Sponsored Links
The last I looked into this stuff was a few years ago and the reports by experts differed in opinion depending on who paid em. That included climate experts, researchers and uni's. Who do we believe? I also find so much is hypocritical, this country investing in energy drains like the large hadron collider but in the same breath telling us we will save the world if we have less powerful hoovers and a long lasting light bulb.

It did become like a new religion for some, just accepting what they are bring told without questioning proof - I can remember a few years ago people screaming at others in London for having 4x4's, not because they looked like tossers (fair enough) but because they were ruining the world and causing global warming. I saw that 3 different times!

I think that's when I decided to sit on the fence and wait for more info. I also think that's what ELF was getting at - we're going to find out the truth one day, at least that's how I read it, not actually about cholera.. (correct me if wrong ELF!).

Thatcher didn't influence 99% of the (supposed) climate experts; she just set a in motion an argument she badly needed to discredit the miners, and it then became dogma.

The recent data given out by the NOAA ignored sea temperatures provided by the recording buoys, and instead took reading from ships that took on water, but the ships were obviously warmer, so the data couldn't be replied on. Then oddly enough, the NOAA managed to lose the data that it had used to extrapolate it's predictions.

The so called climate predictions are just that, a potential possibility. You write a program that makes assumptions, and then you put in data (that has now been seriously discredited on 2 occasions) and you make potential assumptions based on that corrupt data. There's actually nothing scientific whatsoever in a prediction, as it's only one of a series of potential outcomes, and definitely not a certainty. The climate experts say that their predictions will come true, yet you can't prove a prediction until it occurs.

And I can see your argument EFL, but thinking Cholera was airborne was just ignorance, whereas fiddling the figures to achieve the results you want is pretty much corruption.
I agree that fiddling the figures is a different matter.

However, no one actually KNOWS that climate change is man-made - not even JohnD - and what do we call not knowing?

Sponsored Links
I think that's when I decided to sit on the fence and wait for more info. I also think that's what ELF was getting at - we're going to find out the truth one day, at least that's how I read it, not actually about cholera.. (correct me if wrong ELF!).
Yes, the experts are often wrong before the fact and they are only putting forward a hypothesis with words like 'likely' and 'highly probable'; so far there is no proof.

So - they may be wrong. As with Brexit - no one knows.

The length of day gets longer but it's not symmetrical. Sometimes it's extended at the beginning of the day, sometimes at the end. That's because the earth's axis, though tilted, also oscilalates, like a spinning top that's started to waver. One thing you can garantee though, is the day IS getting long as we're still moving around the sun by almost a degree every day. We're now on the part of the curve where the increase in day length every day is getting longer at a faster rate. Near the solstice' the day changes in length at the slowest rate - three months on it's the fastest rate.

Nozzle

a typical manipulation about 2 years ago the government announced "the percentage off children in poverty has gone down"
now the actual number had gone up but because it was set against the adult statistics which had gone up dramatically as a percentage they where smaller
in my eyes its purely evil to knowingly give a false impression that things are improving especially when its about the future generation

However, no one actually KNOWS that climate change is man-made - not even JohnD - and what do we call not knowing?

upload_2017-2-7_11-34-42.png

View attachment 113700

We can all come up with a fancy picture to try and put a point over JohnD.
Here's mine - took about 2 mins to find something at odds with yours.

Truth - pictures don't matter, we don't actually know how much of it is man made.

http://www.pbl.nl/sites/default/fil...ence-survey-questions-and-responses_01731.pdf
Your 'fancy picture' and your link have no connection.
In fact, from the document referred to in your link:
Consistent with previous studies, we found that the level of agreement with the IPCC position increases with increasing expertise in climate science, as judged by the self-reported number of peer-reviewed publications on climate change.
from your link: third paragraph, page six of introduction, http://www.pbl.nl/sites/default/fil...ence-survey-questions-and-responses_01731.pdf

and also:
upload_2017-2-7_12-41-24.png

Page eight of the same document.

I used to be sceptical, but now I think there maybe something to this climate change after all. Six months ago it was quite warm, today it's bloody freezing!!

Ah. but don't they think that if climate change/global warming does happen then it will get colder in Britain.

Have you been reading the Daly Express weather forecast Blighty ? Minus 10 tonight !

Sponsored Links
Back