is it ok to to connect pushfit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it ok to connect pushfit to copper.well thats my question not confidant in making joints so i want to use a straight coupler to connect onto existing copper then continue with pushfit pipe and connections around the rest of the bathroom would this be ok.o and if anyone can still help with my previou post 22mm hot 15mm cold supply pipe problem. would be most gratefull..quite desperate now the wife wants it doing tomorrow,cheers folks

Sponsored Links
Yeah you can put push fits on to copper. Make sure you twist then end when u have slid it on. You can`t put push-fits onto chrome piping though.

Now get ya skates on..hahaha.

cheers supernova any idea about my other post cheers the one about connecting 22mm hot and 15 mm cold pipes to a bath and basin.....

Supernova said:
Yeah you can put push fits on to copper. Make sure you twist then end when u have slid it on. You can`t put push-fits onto chrome piping though.

Now get ya skates on..hahaha.

you can

they slide off tho :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Supernova said:
Yeah you can put push fits on to copper. Make sure you twist then end when u have slid it on.
This only applies to Speedfit, i.e. merely one of many push-fit brands.

I recommend that you're very choosy about the surface quality of the copper pipe you're connecting to - push-fit 'O' rings don't get on well with lumps of solder or paint, or scratches, or dents.

If the hot water is from a vented cylinder it should be in 22 mm to bath and 15 mm to basin.

If its from a combi boiler all hot should be only 15 mm!

Just why do people keep starting new topics? I dont have time to go searching for un named other topics. Even the forum rules mention this but isn't it common sense so we can see all aspects of the situation?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back