Is it possible

"... absolutley anyone in a car is ludicrus and pose a danger to other road users in their actions..."

3 months driving. I pilled 3,000 miles on my car in that time. Not 1 accident, not 1 near miss, not 1 other driver flashing their lights at me, giving me hand gestures or any other sign of their... erm.... disapproval of my driving. About the most hairy time i had in those months was that because i couldnt really choose when to do a gear change (i could only change gear when the car spped and engine revs matched) i had a bit of oversteer on a wet roundabout.

Oh, and before anyone says anything about that, the roundabout was clear and ive done over 100,000 miles in that car and spent a huge amount of that time oversteering, so its not like i didnt know what to do.

In short, i did not pose a danger to me, other road users or even pedestrians.

Sponsored Links
Stivino said:
Doyle said "any garage sending a spanner to drive it in aint worth a rank."

I'm not going to lie under anybody's car in winter with snow on the ground trying to replace a broken clutch cable with my fingers all white. I'm going to stick it in gear, start it up and, drive it in. Then I'm going to change the cable under the heater. And, I'll bet I don't crash the gears once.

why not put it on a spec, yes i have aslo done recovery me lads so the way i see it there is absolutley no excuse.

predominanlty cars od not have have rev counters and each car sounds different on different road surfaces and how the driver operates the vehicle.
anyone even suggesting that they jump in a vehicle for the first time without familiarisations will indeed rag the box at some time or another.

nice simple question for you.
what engine revs do you need, what is the tollerance level between being able to fit it in or crashing the gears, please remember each vehilce due to its style and type of build may by noise sound louder or quieter that others.

im not hear to argue, but merely pass opinion that under taking such can be a danger to others if not undertaken proffiiciently and that garages sending a spanner to drive it in is pretty much undesirable and unecessery given that most have specs in the yard.

Sponsored Links
Back