Is it worth adding pipe lagging to loft eaves pipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve discovered these pipes in the eaves of my loft conversion:

01801A4C-24BD-4A0D-9ADA-2D2C599A1F29.jpeg

As far as I can tell, these pipes are going to and from a lone radiator in the loft. The roof itself does seem to have some partial PIR insulation installed, but it van still get quite cold in the eaves.

In my previous property, all of the pipework in the loft had pipe lagging fitted. I have a couple of questions:

- Is it worth fitting pipe lagging in this case? I’m assuming the risk of freezing is fairly low given there’s some insulation above, and they are carrying hot water,
but I’m wondering if its hurting efficiency through leaking heat given the long run of piping to feed a single radiator.
- The eaves have limited access, so I would be unable to fit lagging along the entire length anyway. Is it worth fitting lagging just to the accessible parts?

Sponsored Links
yes they should be lagged. maybe you can just push some loft roll to cover if you can't get foam rolls on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back