Is my Drive too High?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I am installing a resin drive but it seems to be too high already with the permeable cement. The slope is going down and is fitted with a drain but i am concerned we may be too close to DPC level. The resin will be added on this permeable cement next month which is 1.5-2cm thick.

The people doing the resin drive said there is nothing to worry and the resin and permeable cement are both pourous but i am worried that as we close to DPC there could be raising damp problems. Also the say we have a drain flowing down.

Pls help. Attached some pics for you to see

Attachments

• IMG_20210424_202415.jpg
    IMG_20210424_202415.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20210424_202405.jpg
    IMG_20210424_202405.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20210424_202408.jpg
    IMG_20210424_202408.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 150
Sponsored Links
Thanks Woody

No problem now so fingers crossed non further. But as a back up is there anything i can do to prevent incase. I read somewhere behind the drain dig few inches and fill up with gravel. I wonder if that would work.

The issue with raised ground levels is one of water dripping from the roof, or rain splashing, up the wall and over the DPC, not of drainage.

You have render there which is protection from this scenario anyway, and by the look of it there are no signs of there being a problem with splashes now, so there is no worry about after the resin surface is applied.

Sponsored Links
Thank you. Your comment helps me. Woody Have a great blessed day.

My only concern with that would be that they get sufficient coverage of the resin where it meets the drainage channel - hopefully they will finish to a metal edging and not feather it down.

Hi cdbe, thanks for your comment and suggestions. Really appreciate.

I will definitely tell the resin guys to do what you suggested. Why would it help though, just for my knowledge.

The slope to the house is down and the slope from left to right is down wards too (see image attached) heading to the main drains.

Attachments

• IMG_20210422_204047.jpg
    IMG_20210422_204047.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 63
Feathering it in its better visually, and does not affect performance in a location such as that which receives little traffic.

The only problem could be when it comes to sell everyone insists on the 2 course of brick clearance, I didn't know resin was permeable but you learn something everyday!

Carl thats what i read too. Also the other issue is it affects when a surveyor come when need to remortgage the house. Am i right?

I need to get this redone to give me atleast 4-6inch clearance, so speaking to the grounds guy tomorrow.

I don't understand a company as large as this does not know basic levels for groundwork for building control purpose. Baffles me tbh.

The only problem could be when it comes to sell everyone insists on the 2 course of brick clearance,
How would it be a problem, that is exactly what it is now so there wont be any more of a problem. And it is no different to the current rage for level thresholds and the like.

That situation would not concern me on a survey nor should it concern any other. It may be commented on, but dismissed for the reasons posted earlier.

BTW, there are two types of resin paving, resin bound and resin bonded.
Bound is the gravel mixed with the resin and is permeable. Bonded is the gravel scattered on top of the resin and is impermeable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back