Is my idea possible? (New oven)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BC250AEE-058A-401B-B130-F10EEE4119E8.jpeg
Hi, we have an integrated kitchen with 4 Neff appliances built in. It’s a newish flat and would be very difficult to get a new mains cable from the fuse box to the kitchen.

We want a second oven and are willing to lose the coffee maker in order to get one. We have found one that will fit, and we were initially thinking that it would be a simple case of removing the coffee a maker and replacing it with the oven.

We know the oven has to be hard wired by an electrician; the coffee maker leaves a statndard socket free - not a proper oven socket. Would is be possible to use this socket, or could a spur be taken from the main oven cable to create a feed for the new oven? The main oven is also protected by its own circuit breaker and appears to have a free ‘slot’.

I would be very grateful for your thoughts, and hope that our idea will work!

Sponsored Links
I should add that the new oven has a current of 13A according to the Neff literature.

My question is, would such an oven be able to be connected to an ordinary 13amp socket, or, can the oven/cooker socket that is already there have a spur run from it to create a new oven socket for the new one?

I don’t really want to get someone out to look if it’s a non starter.

Thanks,

Last edited:
You may want to repost this in the electric forum.

They will be all over it like a rash...

Sponsored Links
Thanks dishman, I’ll re-do it!

This has now been moved to ‘electrics’.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back