Is my new DeWalt drill normal?!??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a new DeWalt xrp DC988 cordless hammer drill. At low speeds it makes a pretty loud high pitched squeaking noise. I don't mind ths unless it means there's a fault.

It also sparks a lot more than my old (corded) drill, but I think this is normal.

Any views? I don't want to return it if it's just doing what it's supposed to do.

Thanks in advance.

Charlotte

Sponsored Links
Brand new cordless drills do tend to produce a fair amount of sparking, until the brushes have bed themselves in. The high pitched squeaking sound?? Is this when you pull the trigger very gently? If so , it's nothing to worry about. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Thanks both! Good to know I'm not wielding a death-trap that's about to take my face off....

:)

Sponsored Links
have you not noticed the horrible clunk and the sparks when you release the trigger and the electric brake kicks in lol :D :D ;)

Have had my 18v dewalts for 8 years use them most days and there still as good as they were when i bought them. A friend of mine bought a makita kit and the triggers on the drills keep going.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back