Is my TV on the way out?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Round our way, people leave stuff out for others to take or put it on the local Facebook group. I’ve given stuff away as well as gotten stuff. I’ve had a few bikes, a practically unused petrol mower (I then gave our electric one to next door), a child seat for a bike and an unopened tin of block paving seal.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Round our way, people leave stuff out for others to take or put it on the local Facebook group.

I do that too, trouble is it is difficult to prevent the roving scrap dealers taking advantage of things which are left out at my gates. I don't like to see useable items going to landfill, be it stuff I don't need, or anyone else if I can find a use for it. My last acquisition was several sets of vertical blinds from a neighbour, with which I managed to replace all of mine, along with spares. My originals were not nearly as good. All they needed was shortening by a few inches. Then they chucked out an almost new plastic water tank for the loft, when they switched to a combi, so I 'claimed' that too for the day when my steel tank might need replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links