Is my TV on the way out?

Round our way, people leave stuff out for others to take or put it on the local Facebook group. I’ve given stuff away as well as gotten stuff. I’ve had a few bikes, a practically unused petrol mower (I then gave our electric one to next door), a child seat for a bike and an unopened tin of block paving seal.

Sponsored Links
Round our way, people leave stuff out for others to take or put it on the local Facebook group.

I do that too, trouble is it is difficult to prevent the roving scrap dealers taking advantage of things which are left out at my gates. I don't like to see useable items going to landfill, be it stuff I don't need, or anyone else if I can find a use for it. My last acquisition was several sets of vertical blinds from a neighbour, with which I managed to replace all of mine, along with spares. My originals were not nearly as good. All they needed was shortening by a few inches. Then they chucked out an almost new plastic water tank for the loft, when they switched to a combi, so I 'claimed' that too for the day when my steel tank might need replacing.

The line came back again. Gave it another thump, all okay again. Annoying - I’ve got all the paint and paper to decorate the lounge and Mrs Mottie said perhaps we should get a new one when the lounge is decorated. I was hoping a good whack would finish it off. Bloody thing!

The other side of the coin is people collecting free items, to resell and I hate that with a vengeance. Best to ask them for a few words to explain why they want it.
I'm recent times I've collected lots of small furniture items for free, taken such to my workshop and refurbished, spending between a quid and, dearest to date, £75 to resell.
usually do tel!l the giver what I'm doing. Most people are happy to see me take it away. Two people have been negative, of the two one I left it, with other person I offered to split any profit with her (single mum), in the end she had it back after I'd finished for the cost of what I'd spent but not my time. She was so pleased and it's paid for itself as I've had stuff from her neighbours.

Sponsored Links
I have a wife itching to get new bigger TV. Nothing wrong with old one, except both of us from our chairs can't read the program guide without glasses, think around 43" but our room is quite big, however we have started watching youtube as so little we want to watch on Sky, so may as well watch it on a tablet on our knees.

I in the main want to watch programs that if I nod off, I can pick up again when I wake, QI for example, watching a who done it does not work when one nods off in the middle, clearly not a good who done it, or would have not nodded off.

But USA stuff seems to try to cater for people nodding off as everything repeated 10 times through the program, which is why we nod off in the first place, OK with SkyQ can go back an hour, so nod off at 5 pm, to 5:45 and you can then go to 7 pm with no adverts. Do we really have 45 minutes of adverts in 2 hours? maybe it goes to 8 pm without adverts, but we soon seem to catch up, and if you change program you loose the catch up time.

Freeview from Moel-y-sant is a joke, back to 5 channel days nearly. So started watching things like Lawrie goes loco, so I can decide which heritage railway to visit next. Far better than main stream TV he actually looks at how they work, not just what is in the towns they pass through.

The line came back again. Gave it another thump, all okay again. Annoying - I’ve got all the paint and paper to decorate the lounge and Mrs Mottie said perhaps we should get a new one when the lounge is decorated. I was hoping a good whack would finish it off. Bloody thing!
Have you got a cat?

Knock the TV off the chest and blame it on that!

I have a wife itching to get new bigger TV. Nothing wrong with old one, except both of us from our chairs can't read the program guide without glasses, think around 43" but our room is quite big, however we have started watching youtube as so little we want to watch on Sky, so may as well watch it on a tablet on our knees.

I wear my reading glasses, all the time I am around the house - they work just fine for most things, including watching/reading TV, whilst also working on the laptop.

The only other pair I wear, is a distance pair - I keep in the car, for driving, but I am marginal for needing any at all for driving.

Lounge decorated, new TV coming tomorrow - LG C3 OLED, line disappeared yesterday and has not been seen since. Just wiped all my personal details off of it and reset it to manufacturers settings and it’s the best picture I’ve had for years! Just like a troublesome car that runs as sweet as a nut the minute you’ve put a deposit down on a new one. :ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back