Is My Understanding And Diagram Correct

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Going from ceiling rose to modern light fitting. Ceiling rose is pic 1, light fitting connection pic 2.

How I intend to connect is pic 3. I intend to make use of connector lever boxes and a piece of wire from the light fitting into the connector boxes.

Am I right? If I need to amend, can you pls tell me how?

Also for the additional wire - I believe I need to get 1.5mm2 as per Wickes description that this is for lighting circuits and anything bigger is for sockets/commercial correct. Is this right too. Pls correct if wrong.

Thanks in advance.

IMG-20210226-133323.jpg

IMG-20210226-170307.jpg

New-Light-Connection.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes, you are correct.

Will the cables not come down far enough so that you can connect them directly with only one extra connector for the three reds.

1mm² is more than adequate. Smaller (virtually anything) would suffice for just one light.

Correct apart from putting 2 wires into a single hole on that style of connector. They are designed for 1 wire in each hole only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back