Is my washing machine broke?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
See images attached for the model.

I've noticed the laundry no longer spins, I hear it filling with hot water but the clothes don't seem to move after a wash.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there any way it can be sorted?

Attachments

• 20230413_072351763.jpg
    20230413_072351763.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230413_072403569.jpg
    20230413_072403569.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 42
Sponsored Links

'Motor brushes worn out​

Motor brushes in your washer are used to connect the drum to the motor. Brushes can become worn out over time, which means the machine will fill up with water and drain as normal, but the drum itself will be unable to spin and your clothes won’t be cleaned effectively. New carbon brushes are inexpensive and are attached to the motor using a connecting wire.

There are a number other reasons why your machine may not be functioning correctly. Your machine may be faulty due to issues with the electrical controls, pumps, motors or other components of the machine. However, the aforementioned issues are the most common reasons why your machine may not be spinning.'

Andy

Thanks for the reply. Are motor brushes easy or safe for someone not good at DIY to attach from the drum to the motor or would you recommend getting an electrician to do it?

Will machine pump out water ok?

Also any lights coming on or flashing? If so look up what that means as an error code.

Sponsored Links
Brushes are normally easy enough to change if that's what the issue is. The hard part is getting to and removing them. Normally you can pick them up for less than £30 from E spares or similar but you usually get an error message if the motor isn't spinning as Wayners has asked about...

Make sure the filter outlet near the bottom is clear and empty - use a shallow bowl and an old towel to check it - they're normally at the front behind a flap and it needs unscrewing.

Maybe belt broken. If the motor wasn't working, the machine would be largely silent. Open up the machine and look.

FWIW IMO this model is well worth DIY repairing, mine lasted for many years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back