Is Queer coming back into fashion?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not being it, saying it. First time I’ve ever seen it referred to in the press.

"He was responding to an open letter by more than 450 queer artists, individuals and groups urging him to boycott the event over the Gaza war".

Sponsored Links

"He was responding to an open letter by more than 450 queer artists, individuals and groups urging him to boycott the event over the Gaza war".

You're demonstrating that you simply do not understand the basic rules of being offensive or giving offense.
If I describe myself as "a racist bigot in drags", I am not being offensive to anyone. It's a description I choose for myself, and/or my friends.

But if and when someone, in a fit of rage, describes me as "a racist bigot in drags", it's intentional abuse, especially if it's not true and there's not a shred of evidence to justify the description.
It's purely and simply intentional offensive abuse.
It also illustrates their inability to communicate without being seriously intentionally abusive.

I hope that helps.

Why should he and the other contestants potentially jeopardise their their fame and fortune by following like sheep.

Look what happened to Harry Kane and his merry men when they went to wear a colourful arm band.

They bottled it. Why should this young man be a front that's all wrong in this world.

My Nan would say to. "You Can't go to school Bod if your feeling Queer."

"I'm not queer, Nan"

Why should he and the other contestants potentially jeopardise their their fame and fortune by following like sheep.
I'm not doing this individuality stuff if I'm going to be the only one!

There's no obligation to do what everyone else is doing, if that's what you choose to do.
I'm sure they're all capable of making their own choices, based on their personal viewpoints.

At the same time , there's nowt wrong with campaigning for support for your personal political opinions.

Sponsored Links
You're demonstrating that you simply do not understand the basic rules of being offensive or giving offense.
If I describe myself as "a racist bigot in drags", I am not being offensive to anyone. It's a description I choose for myself, and/or my friends.
Nobody was describing themselves though. Someone else was describing the sexual abnormality of 450 artists.

Nobody was describing themselves though. Someone else was describing the sexual abnormality of 450 artists.
It's a collective name or description they have chosen for themselves.
There is no membership criteria other than being an artist.
Explore queer artists and artworks representing the queer community.

Don't associate your childhood prejudice to the word "queer".

But if and when someone, in a fit of rage, describes me as "a racist bigot in drags", it's intentional abuse, especially if it's not true and there's not a shred of evidence to justify the description.
It's purely and simply intentional offensive abuse.
It also illustrates their inability to communicate without being seriously intentionally abusive.

I hope that helps.
I don’t think it helps.

The group called themselves Queer Artists for Palestine and wrote:

"We share the vision of queer joy and abundance you've offered through your music, and share your belief in collective liberation for all. In this spirit, we ask you to heed the Palestinian call to withdraw from Eurovision."

Does that make a difference?

Just found this which I found helpful

Queer is often used as an umbrella term for people who are not straight or who don’t identify with their assigned sex at birth. People may also identify as queer if they don’t feel that the terms lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans fully represent them.

I think there might be just one more membership requirement to be called a queer………
You're attaching your childhood prejudices to your adult reality:
It's a collective name or description they have chosen for themselves.
There is no membership criteria other than being an artist.

Don't associate your childhood prejudice to the word "queer".

Good for that singer bloke I say

tell the 450 fruit cakes to go and do one ??

I doubt it has ever been out of fashion, amongst the LBTGDPRDQTBTRSQBMWXYZ* community.

NOTE: * I've never been able to say it right.

Sponsored Links
Back