1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Is screed strong enough to be the floor or must it be covered?

Discussion in 'Floors, Stairs and Lofts' started by RigidRaider, 13 Apr 2020.

1. RigidRaider

RigidRaider

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    We are having a workshop area with wet UFH. Can the final screed be sealed and painted or is it too fragile to be used as the top floor covering? If it needs covering, what do people suggest? It must be something dense that doesn't insulate. I don't really fancy ceramic or earthenware tiles.

I really like the chemical-proof coverings on our lab floors at work but I bet they're expensive.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. JobAndKnock

JobAndKnock

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You need to do something to seal and protect it, otherwise you'll get loads of dust off it. Maybe look at what they put down in workshops, garages, etc - epoxy paint (Google "epoxy floor paint"). Bear in mind that you'll need 2 to 3 coats.

4. dazlight

dazlight

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Have a look on Fball website at the smoothing compounds and finish with a seal which they sell.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local