is the purple bit ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
kitchen ring final goes from CU (covered by B32) to double socket then to FCU. and onwards

it looks like this FCU is on the ring. 1 set of wires from bottom in on (supply), wires to light up to socket( load), and then a brigde wire from supply out to double socket.

Double socket has wires from FCU supply side and wires up from trunking.
Is it ok to add another bridge wire out of double to( new purple) FCU for supply and then load wires out to new socket for D/W.
ALL wires are 2.5 t&e
kitchen.png

Sponsored Links
as long as the 2 cables you show dropping down are on the ring then yes your idea is sound and the wayI'd do the job.

Others will come on and say the FCU could/should be a double pole switch, others will say it's not required at all.
It is the way I and many others on here would do.

hi sunray,

its one ring... wires dropping from fcu are from double on my pic with no wires shown and double with wires shown drops into trunking and up to boiler and then drops from there on to rest of kitchen.

I got lucky as I was expecting double to have 3 sets of wire already, instead it was the fcu before it:giggle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back