Is the valve faulty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have two Honeywell V4043H Zone valves which by coincidence I think have both just failed... They seem to be both stuck open.

The electrical side of both valves are fine, brown wire becomes energised, turns motor, toggles microswitch, orange wire comes live and fires up boiler.

I have removed the heads of both valves and checked that the actual valves turn freely - they both do, although only for a few degrees. Is this normal?

It makes no difference what way I manually turn the valves, they seem to be stuck open... (Pipes getting hot after the valve when they shouldn't be).

Is this fixable or will I need to drain down and replace?

Many thanks guys and gals.

Ash

Sponsored Links
If you cannot manually turn the valve on and off then it is a drain down and replace [/quote]

Sponsored Links
You can manually turn the valve about a quarter of a turn to close then back to open. If the valve is still passing hot water, then it needs replacing.
Also when draining down see if the system is full of sludge if it is fill and flush out a few times as that may affect the valve operation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back