Is there a god?

Maybe I missed a bit - what have aliens got to do with the non existence of god?

'God' was an alien!
But aliens are statistically likely and there might even be some slim evidence. Or do you mean; aliens visited thousands of years ago and that's what developed in the minds of simple people as being god.

That's exactly what I mean. I don't necessarily believe that to be the case, but I believe it is far more feasible than an invisible god that no-one has any evidence for.

And don't anyone tell me that the Bible is evidence. That is a collection of books written by ordinary men between nearly two and several millenia ago who, being simple people, thought that ordinary common-or-garden aliens were gods simply because they were in possession of far more advanced technology. Many of Jebus's 'miracles' are things we could perform today, such as CPR for example. :)

Sponsored Links
Mrs Pred thinks I'm a god, she worships the ground I walk on. :eek:

fair argument there JBR, but do you think Aliens created the universe? logically impossible to create something that you are within that creation.

For creation you have to be outside it to create it. Hence why God can never be seen or sensed by us through any possible means as our reach is not beyond this universe, we are within it, and God is external to it. Though we often say that God is everywhere and here, that is because we everything the universe consist of is made out of God himself or his Almighty, divine, and destructive energy.

I think Aliens are nothing more than another kind of intelligent being like humans, capable of advancing in technology, and being able to explore the planets.

fair argument there JBR, but do you think Aliens created the universe? logically impossible to create something that you are within that creation.

No, I've never said that I maintain that aliens created the universe. Current theory is that it began with the 'big bang' although physicists cannot, as yet, explain what caused this.

Until they work that out we should invent a concept to explain it. Let's call it 'God'.

Sponsored Links

No, I've never said that I maintain that aliens created the universe. Current theory is that it began with the 'big bang' although physicists cannot, as yet, explain what caused this.

Until they work that out we should invent a concept to explain it. Let's call it 'God'.

OK you call it big G and I'll call it big B, sorted, simples. :LOL: :LOL:

I'm afraid that the fact that many people call it 'Big A' is the cause of a great deal of unrest in the world these days.

I'm afraid that the fact that many people call it 'Big A' is the cause of a great deal of unrest in the world these days.

I forgot about them.. :confused:

So who is Bigbee? :D

Mike, the fact you at least have the intelligence to use a computer, yet you believe in an imaginary person, that you possibly pray to, but this ..thing cares absolutely nothing for you, frankly, astonishes me.

I can see, to a degree, why muslims are energised by their imaginary friend, mainly because the koran gives muslims an aim, and the power to follow that aim - which is also completely wrong (IMO) in a modern world. But Christianity, and all other passive religions are just a diversion, and a means to control you.... as is islam.

The fact you lot can't at least accept certain scientific theories and notions I find laughable... (disproving them would give your lot a bit better prominance!!).

#shakingmyhead

If there is a god why did he put **** in the place that he did

Can you really imagine if there was no **** in the place he did, first of all how boring it would be, no one would have then been given the freedom of choice, that we take for granted, we would all be licking each other's arses, and not saying a one wrong word, not cursing anyone, instead we would be singing his praises 24/7. we wouldn't need to celebrate Christmas as that would be everyday, and we would get stiff bored of it!

grab anything, or never take a wrong step, or rule over another race and grab their lands, force our ways on others, we wouldn't need to make weapons of mass destruction, there would be no chaos, everything would be so perfect that we would get bored to0 death and death shall not have come to us, **** is as important in life as is God! We indeed need bad to compare good with :rolleyes:

If God made everything, why on earth did he put the pleasure gardens right in between the water works and the sewage plant...

...when he designed women?

Sponsored Links
Back