Is there a god?

S

Sombrero

worth a thread by itself..?

my reasoning, we're a tiny tiny spec of dust in the Universe.... why does god come here and write a book, and create things, and make us the centre of what god is? allegedly...

It's more likely that the life that formed on this fortunate rock, was a little bemused and created an imaginary creator in order to justify, and manage their existance?

Science is now making a mockery of religious doctrine...

Sponsored Links
there are lots of gods, people can make up a deity to suit there own view of the world.

Of course, these are only ideas in the minds (and books) of men, and none of them is more valid than the others. An idea that was made up a few thousand years ago is not fundamentally better than an idea thought up yesterday.

What the truth is, no-one knows.

If there is, this being probably speaks mathematics. Flower petals and galaxies are supposed to be laid out according to the same series, the Fibonacci series.

And Game Theory makes a mockery of Free Will.

It's a being more powerful than humans, which protects us , as long as we do the right things?!!!

Yet we're a very small planet revolvong around a small star in the Milky Way.

Trillions of other viable rocks exist... why isn't god there, or mentioning these in his big book?

Sponsored Links
It's a being more powerful than humans, which protects us , as long as we do the right things?!!!

Yet we're a very small planet revolvong around a small star in the Milky Way.

Trillions of other viable rocks exist... why isn't god there, or mentioning these in his big book?
You might read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil[/QUOTE]

I might read that, but of what relevance does it have to the argument of "is there a god?".... and rather than post links, explain in words of your own why a god is relevant in this age..!!

God goes under different names

He used to be called Kenny Dalglish, then Robbie Fowler, now we call him Suarez. :mrgreen:

It's more likely that the life that formed on this fortunate rock, was a little bemused and created an imaginary creator in order to justify, and manage their existance?

I'm a believer.

I believe that when man first achieved sentience he felt the need for some superior being to whom he could appeal for help when in danger or despair. Thus the concept of god was born.

Later, some enterprising individuals realised that here was a means to achieve power and so came about organised religion. These originated in divers parts of the world over the ages and each, conveniently, insisted that they alone had a direct line to God.

Much more recently, some of these organised religions still maintained that their god was the one true God but decided, for the sake of harmony, to concede that everybody else's god was also the one true God, but that these other religions just interpreted His words differently.

What a load of bol locks!

i do not believe in religion but happy that others do

religion in general is good it gives focus joins people in unity in a good way

now some evil people distort the good work for there own ends a very very small amount but a very vocal minority

i do not believe in religion but happy that others do

religion in general is good it gives focus joins people in unity in a good way

now some evil people distort the good work for there own ends a very very small amount but a very vocal minority

Really? religious cleansing? Sharia law? tax benefits to churches etc?

and are you happy about creationists? arks and a week to create all this?

this is the 3rd debate on God in as many months!

yes there is a God, but the question should be what is God? or who is God?
and it is certainly not Kenny Dalglish

I don't believe, well, I do: more of that later. But I don't believe in God.

I am happy to live my life by my own rules. My Grandmother brought me up to be polite.

I have only ever killed animals accidentally (except wasps, which Mrs S is highly allergic to).

I don't need a pre-written list of rules to know that murder and adultery (amongst others) are wrong.

I know that you must be kind and helpful and give something to your community.

I believe what goes around comes around.

It all depends on your concept of God. There is the childish notion that a Father Christmas figure exists - or the scientific view that everything must have come from something or somewhere - let's call that something God.

I have a picture of God in my pocket........................it's got the Queens Head on it.

Money is our God.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Back