Is there a god?

romans 1;1.19
19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

not only do i believe God, i have fellowship whith him through the cross of christ,same as thousands of other true christians.
its available to all, who ever calls on the name of the lord shall be saved.

i can share what i know, about God. and have shared it, but its hard if people mock. mocking means your not interested. But if you want to learn ,you can ask.

God bless you all
:)

I understand you believe in god, but belief is not evidence. What is the evidence? On the balance of probabilities if god did exist I think there would most likely be some evidence - however small. As far as I can tell there is none.

Sponsored Links
You have a proper understanding of bol locks that's for sure............it's your speciality :p

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

I see some people are missing the question "is there a god" and answering a different question "is my religion the true one?"

there is certainly no evidence at all for the second.

Various religions have produced various writings for the comfort of their followers. They were all written by various men,mostly quite old, and mostly long dead. They were doubtless doing their best, but the writings of these people should not be mistaken for the word of a god.

I see some people are missing the question "is there a god" and answering a different question "is my religion the true one?"

Various religions have produced various writings for the comfort of their followers. They were all written by various men,mostly quite old, and mostly long dead. They were doubtless doing their best, but the writings of these people should not be mistaken for the word of a god.

Is that an argument in favour of there being a god?

Sponsored Links
JD I can read but seldom understand what you're saying because it's often ambiguous.

You will happily type hundreds if not thousands of words with absolute certainty on the subject and then write "no one knows" :confused:

romans 1;1.19
19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

not only do i believe God, i have fellowship whith him through the cross of christ,same as thousands of other true christians.
its available to all, who ever calls on the name of the lord shall be saved.

i can share what i know, about God. and have shared it, but its hard if people mock. mocking means your not interested. But if you want to learn ,you can ask.

God bless you all
:)

I understand you believe in god, but belief is not evidence. What is the evidence? On the balance of probabilities if god did exist I think there would most likely be some evidence - however small. As far as I can tell there is none.

the creation is evidence. but also understand that Jesus,performed maracles,to help people believe.the bible prophecies,like isaiah,that predicted jesus coming 500 years before it happened. i am sure that if you keep seeking the truth God will help you see by faith. becuase only God can open your eyes.
faith is the evidence of things hoped for.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him. For he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

JD I can read but seldom understand what you're saying because it's often ambiguous.

You will happily type hundreds if not thousands of words with absolute certainty on the subject and then write "no one knows" :confused:

That's because I am talking about two different things.

I am absolutely certain that there is no evidence that your religion is the one true one, and that there is no evidence of any particular idea of one or more gods. They are all ideas conjured up out of the minds of people. You are of course free to believe any particular set of tales, especially if you have been brought up with them or if they suit your view of the world.

No-one knows if there are one or more gods, or what they are like if they exist, or if they take any interest in the contents of any particular galaxy.

That's because I am talking about two different things.

I am absolutely certain that there is no evidence that your religion is the one true one, and that there is no evidence of any particular idea of one or more gods. They are all ideas conjured up out of the minds of people.

No-one knows if there are one or more gods, or what they are like if they exist, or if they take any interest in the contents of any particular galaxy.

I'm afraid your certainty is at fault again because as I've posted in the past, I am an atheist ;) However, it's clear we can drag an unambiguous answer out of you :mrgreen:

i believe in the God that the devil trembles at.

i believe in the God that the devil trembles at.

your god and your devil are both figments of somebody's imagination.

if i trusted my imagination i would be unsure,and double minded, and going two and fro , being doubtfull.
but my faith is rock solid, and its from above, and its by the word of God.

If you are so certain why do you feel the need to keep trying to explain it to us bunch of heathens?
You're on stony ground here if you're after converts. :LOL:

If you are so certain why do you feel the need to keep trying to explain it to us bunch of heathens?
You're on stony ground here if you're after converts.
I have no interest in trying to convert you. my position has always been that you are of course free to believe any particular set of tales, especially if you have been brought up with them or if they suit your view of the world.

Equally I do not expect that my neighbour will be dissuaded from her belief in the invisible pink unicorn.

Sponsored Links
Back