Is there a god?

any god believer care to tell me the benefits you get from your god? surely he(it) could make your life so much better thn mine?

Sponsored Links
i believe in the God that the devil trembles at.

your god and your devil are both figments of somebody's imagination.

if i trusted my imagination i would be unsure,and double minded, and going two and fro , being doubtfull.
but my faith is rock solid, and its from above, and its by the word of God.

Well said breadnbutter, without a firm faith you are going to wonder in complete darkness, just guessing wild theories based on scientific probabilities is grossly wrong!

God is the ultimate source of all energies, without energy nothing would have been created, not a shred , nor an atom! our material world came into being because of some of this energy going through this transformation leading to creation of our universe and all life in it.

This energy came from no where, it was always presence, if it was simply not there, then you and I and all else would simply not be in existence.

God really does exist, the question is what is or who is God.

God is energy, energy cannot be created, nor destroyed, simple bloody logic and scientist are still puzzled! (lol) so is there a question where did energy come from, only fruitcakes would ask that question.

Mike, your just using the word 'god' as i do the word 'science'... neither of us understand how they work, but i maintain, you get no more benefit from god than i do from science.... even after al your praying !

10 famous quotes from Einstein:
(copied from and courtesy of Mind Powers)
Lesson 1:
Cultivate a Curious Mind

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." Do not hold back curiosity. It has a reason for its existence. Keep a questioning mind.

Lesson 2:
The Worth of Perseverance is Intangible

"It's not that I'm so smart; it's just that I stay with problems longer." The price of perseverance is beyond the corporeal things. It cannot be measured. It cannot be sold. It has no price.

Lesson 3:
Devote Attention To One Thing At A Time

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." Do not do several tasks at once. It is in doing one task at a time that excellence is achieved.

Lesson 4:
Give Weight to Imagination

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Imagination is cheaper than free. It is in imagination that one recognizes the knack he has.

Lesson 5:
Mistakes Are Inevitable

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." More often than not, mistakes are stepping stones to new discoveries. It is part and parcel of living.

Lesson 6:
The Future is Not Ours to See

"I never think of the future – it comes soon enough." The future is a result of the things we do today. Thinking what lies beforehand is not a bad scheme, but most of the time the present is being neglected.

Lesson 7:
Value is Superior to Success

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." Success is a goal worth striving for. However, creating value has an enduring effect for people to remember.

Lesson 8:
Change Triggers Another Result

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". Different results occur when you change the way you do things. Only unwise people will expect a different result from doing the same thing over and over again. Different results will only be possible by way change.

Lesson 9:
Information is not knowledge.

The only source of knowledge is experience

Lesson 10:
Understand the Basics

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

So if you really want to search about God, follow Einsteins examples, you don't need masters degrees to work this out!

Sponsored Links
Mike, have you not realised that most long posts get ignored?

Tell me what benefit you get from your god that I don't !!

Mike, your just using the word 'god' as i do the word 'science'... neither of us understand how they work, but i maintain, you get no more benefit from god than i do from science.... even after al your praying !

Not quite mate, science actually helped me reach my verdict, I actually worked it all out based on Einsteins theories, I questioned hundreds of people as to where did God get the raw materials to form the universe? if assuming God did exist.

Nobody I asked this question was able to give me a satisfying or straight answer, most said Oh well God is all mighty and powerful and he can create anything he desires by just his will or word,

But this was not satisfying my curiosity, but I kept seeking the answer and it took me roughly 3 years when I reached this verdict, that since Nothing comes out of nothing, therefore something must be there to create universe, and that this thing, call it God must be there and God must be some form of mighty Energy or what one may call it as an Ultimate Source of all energies, only Energy can create matter, we only know about a few different forms of energies so far, but there could be many more that we have yet to figure out!

Sure we all talk about spiritual energy, so who knows, as science has not done much research in this field, but sure this does exist, energy is anything that has the ability to transform one form to another, from invisible form to visible and so on.

logically you cannot reach any other verdict.

as per Eienstein's quote perseverance pays!

Mike, have you not realised that most long posts get ignored?

Tell me what benefit you get from your god that I don't !!

Same benefit as the First man got from stepping on the moon, I am hoping one day I could be living free of all bills and commitments from taxes in Gods heaven! :LOL:

when you're dead, you're dead.

i have thought about his too, again there is no conclusive evidence to this, there are many people who have near death experience, i have to consider their views and make a judgement based on overall probability.

No-one knows if there are one or more gods, or what they are like if they exist, or if they take any interest in the contents of any particular galaxy.

I think I'd agree with your statements, but I'd like some clarification of how you would define the word 'gods' in this latter statement.

Would they be supernatural beings, like the invisible god of the Christians/Jews/Muslims, or are we including the possibility of alien beings who are more advanced technologically than we are?

Not quite mate, science actually helped me reach my verdict, I actually worked it all out based on Einsteins theories, I questioned hundreds of people as to where did God get the raw materials to form the universe? if assuming God did exist.

Nobody I asked this question was able to give me a satisfying or straight answer, most said Oh well God is all mighty and powerful and he can create anything he desires by just his will or word,

But this was not satisfying my curiosity, but I kept seeking the answer and it took me roughly 3 years when I reached this verdict, that since Nothing comes out of nothing, therefore something must be there to create universe, and that this thing, call it God must be there and God must be some form of mighty Energy or what one may call it as an Ultimate Source of all energies, only Energy can create matter, we only know about a few different forms of energies so far, but there could be many more that we have yet to figure out!

Sure we all talk about spiritual energy, so who knows, as science has not done much research in this field, but sure this does exist, energy is anything that has the ability to transform one form to another, from invisible form to visible and so on.

logically you cannot reach any other verdict.

So how do you explain fossil evidence pre-dating that book of yours?

And Higgs Boson science currently that god forgot to mention?

If you are so certain why do you feel the need to keep trying to explain it to us bunch of heathens?
You're on stony ground here if you're after converts. :LOL:

very true sooey,it is stony ground. whith a concrete mixture.
because if you post,anything about God.
or if someone is asking about it, then i see as an oppertunity to help them know the truth.

bread and butter... my problem with this is that your sort.... those that believe in a god like fighting and klilling other people that believe in other gods and even those that dont believe in any god !!!

Atheists, like me, wnat peace !!

So how do you explain fossil evidence pre-dating that book of yours?

And Higgs Boson science currently that god forgot to mention?

I think scientists and researchers trying to prove the existence Higgs Boson succeeded through shear perseverance and are still baffled, Higgs Boson was thought to exist, and is thought to be responsible for objects or atoms acquiring mass, but really can they be sure despite discovering this Boson, is it really responsible for mass? how can it be when it vanishes out of existence in no time the second it is created through striking of two protons!

We have a long way to get there yet, we still cannot figure out why matter attracts each other (gravity) except we know what gravity does and how it effects things and and same for magnetism, why like poles repel and unlike poles attract, why electrons flow when a conductor is allowed to swing between a magnetic field.

There is much much more to understand before we could even guess any where near proving or disapproving of Gods existence, disapproving would not only be extremely hard but impossible!

My explanation for Fossile evidence is philosophical, that it is of no relevance to present day civilisation on earth, may be these creatures existed once and God was not happy about them, so caused them to be destroyed or become extinct, or who knows may be God had to create them first in order to use them as earth moving creatures, since they were big! and to condition the earths surface, its like we bore long tunnels deep underground and after the tunnel boring machines meet half way in the long tunnel, we simply bury them deep below the tunnel, as bringing them back out would be far too costly and time consuming, so how can we really tell if that is not what God did, used these creatures to shape the earths crust and make it ready for humans and other life.

Really, we have to look at "purpose", earth, sun, moon and other planets each have a purpose, the purpose is to support life on earth, each must be there for a reason, question is was earth placed where it is on purpose? if so by who? if not, then how was the first biological cell came into being? amino acids? where did they come from? why? and so can we answer all questions as best? what is our purpose now? is our purpose to populate the rest of the universe? sure we have a purpose!

Earth worms have a purpose, bees have a purpose, bacteria has a purpose, we wouldn't be able to support our human population of these things were not there, so is there our purpose too but we cannot see it, would earth worms know that without their boring earth that we humans could be in extinct? would bees know that we need them for our survival?

Sponsored Links
Back