Is there a god?

Sponsored Links
bread and butter... my problem with this is that your sort.... those that believe in a god like fighting and klilling other people that believe in other gods and even those that dont believe in any god !!!

Atheists, like me, wnat peace !!

well God has not told us to kill,more like the opposite hes told us to love.

Matthew 5:43-48
New International Version (NIV)
Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/general-discussion/is-there-a-god.365495/page-5#2774297#ixzz2TmT2y33V

Looking at some of the replies that equate god with energy perhaps the question should be reprased "is there a sentient god?". Maybe energy could be called god or maybe this higgs bosun particle can be called god or maybe even water could be called god because without it there wouldn't be any life. However, all those are inaminate and are far removed from a god that creates , cherishes and talks to his children.

You cannot have God separated from the energy within the universe because if you go down that line - then where did the energy come from? Oh I know - it came from God. A separate God would only be a demi-god.

Sponsored Links
To whom will you liken Me, and make Me equal, and compare Me, that we may be like? I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. (Isa 46:5,9)

Thus says the LORD, Let not the wise glory in his wisdom,
neither let the mighty glory in his might,
let not the rich glory in his riches:
But let him who glories glory in this,
that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises loving-kindness, judgement, and righteousness in the earth: for in these I delight, says the LORD. (Jer 9:23,24)

Hebrew Chapter 11, phrase 3 (Good News Bible)

says:

It is by faith that we understand that the Universe was created by God's word, so that what can be seen was made out of what cannot be seen.

If you simplify the above, you could say that : what cannot be seen is Energy, and Energy is a definite requirement for all things to exist physically in our material world.

Another quotation from a Hindu holy Book called Srimad Bhagavatam (in English version)

The conception of God and the conception of Absolute Truth are not on the same level, the Conception of God indicates a controller, whereas the conception of Absolute Truth indicates the Ultimate Source of all energies.

There is no difference of opinion (or in other words there is no argument) about the personal feature of God as the controller, because a controller cannot be impersonal.

It further says:

Absolute Truth is one without a second. in ancient sanskrit this was known as summum bonum or param satyam which is the ultimate source of all energies, this param satyam is the Supreme Person, the creator.

My independent opinion:
obviously in my quest for the truth, I have read many many religious books to get to the top of it.

What is strange is that I reached my own verdict about God being some sort of supreme energy, I did this before I read any of these religious books, I used shear power of logic to arrive at that, which amazed me when i stumbled across what has been said in Bible and in Srimad Bhagavatam, I also have a sikh friend who gave me an audio cassette which translated a certain text into English, it clearly says in this that God is supreme energy, and supreme energy is God!

I also read the Holy Quran I borrowed from a Muslim Friend;

and frisked through its pages, to see if I could see any mention of God being Energy or thereabouts, indeed the Quran says God is Light!, and we all know light itself is a form of energy, isn't it strange how Einstein chose light as the constant in his equation E=Mc2.

Holy Quran says that Gods nature is so sublime, far beyond our limited conception,. The best way to realise him is to feel that he is a Personality.
he is not a mere abstract conception of philosophy. he is near us, he cares for us, we owe our existence to him,

followers are taught to avoid the pitfalls into which men and nations have fallen at various times in trying to understand God. He is a personality.

I have no doubt that many of these translations of holy books have been or simplified or adapted to fit around our modern way of thinking, so weather the original text reflected this or not, I cannot be sure.

But I did think independently without reading any of these books first that my only possible conclusion was that God must be some kind of Energy!

If you are so certain why do you feel the need to keep trying to explain it to us bunch of heathens?
You're on stony ground here if you're after converts. :LOL:

very true sooey,it is stony ground. whith a concrete mixture.
because if you post,anything about God.
or if someone is asking about it, then i see as an oppertunity to help them know the truth.
I think here lies the problem. It's not called faith for nothing. In the absence of truth all that's left is faith in a truth.

You cannot have God separated from the energy within the universe because if you go down that line - then where did the energy come from? Oh I know - it came from God. A separate God would only be a demi-god.

So another reprasing then to read "does energy exsist?" to which I don't think you will get a single no answer and if the equation god = energy is true that should mean there isn't a single disbeliever on the planet
It's still in my eyes a leap (a leap of faith in all respects) to say that the energy of the universe is therefore an all seeing, all knowing living entity.

Maybe not, but if there is a God it must encompass everything or it would not be God. Look around you at the universe - it all came from somewhere - let's give that somewhere/something a name, let's call it God. Now YOU believe in God.

Sponsored Links
Back