Is there a simple way to figure out if a house needs a re wi

ok thanks guys, it might be a few weeks before i get the keys, but as soon as im in, ill post something up.

Sponsored Links
I would consider trying to get the cost of the house reduced if it is going to be re-wired.

It certainly isn't a cheap job when done correctly and includes 'future-proofing'.

I would consider trying to get the cost of the house reduced if it is going to be re-wired.
From what the OP has told us, I suspect that it's too late for that. In any event, if he made an offer in the knowledge that "the sockets and switches look suspiciously old apart from in the extended area of the house which is slightly newer. ... All the switches and plugs are the yellowy plastic type, totty switches, everything just looks old." and that a re-wire might well be necessary, I don't really think that he would even have a very strong moral argument for reducing his offer, even if he could.

Kind Regards, John

I made the offer in the knowledge that the electrics will probably need doing, and im happy that the cost of the house is still worth it.

I have a feeling that with all of the changes i'm planning to make to the electrics ill effectively be re wiring most of it anyway

Sponsored Links
If it was done in the 70s, it's 40 years old.
So rip it out and start again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back