Rewire or not to rewire?

And - in answer to another query raised - there is no requirement for you to use NICEIC forms in any case.
Not even if you used your NICEIC registration as a factor in tendering for the work, or if notifying via them?

Sponsored Links
And - in answer to another query raised - there is no requirement for you to use NICEIC forms in any case.
Not even if you used your NICEIC registration as a factor in tendering for the work, or if notifying via them?
Nope.

You can use whatever stationary you choose. But, naturally, having jumped through the hoops to be allowed to use the logo, most choose to do so.

Hi Dingbat,

It appears from this that the fees for someone already registered as domestic installer to extend the scope of their work to include PIR and PAT is £290+the dreaded.
This is all about approval, which means that you have been assessed by the NICEIC and deemed competent to carry out PIRs using their name, in the form of their logo on your certs/reports.

But, as has been stated many times on here, nobody needs any form of registration to be able to legally carry out work for which they are legally competent. And this includes members operating outside of their assessed scope of work.

Sponsored Links
Nope not yet, but I haven't been invoiced or asked to pay yet...

The owner of the electricians is coming on Monday with my invoice and EIC as their printer has been bust.

I did have them back in though last week as I made a cock up and forgot to get under counter sockets for the kitchen.

I am so glad I had it done though, alot of rubber wiring some in dangerous condition was found!

Some wiring was PVC but alot of it was single insulated. I love the idea of having MCBs and that you can isolate each circuit. Its making my life easier with having work done in different parts of the house!

Thanks for the update, it's rare people bother. Glad you are happy and that you made the right descision.

Hi,

The sparks did everything, all I did was remove a few boards in the loft for access but I needn't have bothered...

Very happy with everything, seems I made the right choice as we've had them back a couple of times to do the 2nd fix on the kitchen and fit some designer lights too...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back