is there a truly simple effective paint removal system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have an old house (1928) wich has had the internal timber painted over by a previous owner. The timber is pitch pine which has been finished I think with an old varnish. The vestible has not been painted so I can see how nice the rest of the house used to look.

I have a huge amount of work inside and out and dont want to start something that will just turn into a mess. I have tried nitromors and a heat gun and its far too time consuming.

I have seen on the restoration homes programme a paste like plaster being used that you peel off after a time and it takes the paint with it. How effective are these? Will I still have much work to carryout after there use or just a light rub down and revarnish, stain etc?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Last time I did some paint stripping I found scraper blades like this easier than messing with chemicals/heat guns, it pretty much took the paint off dry. There are different manufacturers, it's the clawed blade that's important.

04564-g-250x250.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back