Is there anyway to use Energy savings, and be able to Dim?

Ah - maybe a little knowledge is, if not dangerous, a potentially confusing thing. Perhaps "colour temperature" was the wrong term - should I have stuck to just colour?

I'm sure that there is more at work than just a 10-20% increase in efficiency with halogens - there is no doubt that they seem a lot brighter. I know that the eye's response is very variable, and light at shorter wavelengths appears brighter than longer.

Is that why halogens seem brighter? Do they emit more of their light at the green/blue end than the red, compared to non-halogen lamps?

Sponsored Links
Yes there is a difference in colour temperature between ordinary tungsten lamps(2700K) and a Tungsten Halogen lamp which runs hotter and there are slight differences between manufacturers so the quoted figures do vary with domestic types, studio lamps are made to much higher tolerances hence why they are so expensive, these lamps should have a CT of 3200K at around 70% level

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back