Is there something I don't know about 0845 calls?

I I rely on my answer-phone which picks up and records all calls. If I hear someone calling who I know, I pick up.

If he wanted to speak to you (doubtful) then he would pick up as soon as he heard you say "hello, it's FMT...."

Or if he recognised your number/name on his caller display.

Surely you don't call as "number withheld?"

Sponsored Links
Did you know that spammy calling systems log the time of day that you answer your phone, so they can target that time for future automated calls, because you are likely to be at home?
So are you suggesting that if I always leave my phone to switch on to answerphone I will somehow get less cold callers? It doesn't seem to be working out too well for the Muppets who adopt the theory does it?

I know that some parcel scams have you dialling a £6 per min. line to collect a parcel, but this doesn't seem to be one of them.
mmm, there is sometimes a tiny ammount of money in it for the recipant of an 0845 call but I wouldn't think it's enough to make the scam worthwhile.

Does anybody know what's going on?
My guess would be either

1: the scammers were running multiple different scams and there was a mixup somewhere.
2: they are trying to pull advanced fee fraud getting you to pay upfront fees for a parcel that doesn't exist.

Sponsored Links
but you have the time to be bothered by answerphones.
If I wanted to speak with JBR I wouldn't have a choice would I? :rolleyes:

You do seem to be getting quite worked up about my strategy for dealing with cold callers, don't you? Yet it works for me.

You don't really want to speak to me on the telephone, do you?

No. Thank God for that.

A shame, though, as you appear to be a fellow cat-lover.

there's somebody getting worked up, but it isn't me.

I have a client like this, complete a**e! You know everyone who knows you and has to go through this rigmarole thinks you're and a**e too don't you?

Jeez it must take you longer to stand there and wait for the answerphone message to click in, let them start rambling on, than if you just answer and say no thanks and put the phone down if it happened to be a cold caller. There are some sad lives led by some of you that you let these tiny things get to you. I wish I had the time or stress free life to be bothered about such irrelevancies.

Yea I admit it. It does wind me up a little that I have to speak to an answerphone in order to speak to someone so that it doesn't inconvenience them. Oh the irony! :rolleyes:

there's somebody getting worked up, but it isn't me.

I have a client like this, complete a**e! You know everyone who knows you and has to go through this rigmarole thinks you're and a**e too don't you?

Jeez it must take you longer to stand there and wait for the answerphone message to click in, let them start rambling on, than if you just answer and say no thanks and put the phone down if it happened to be a cold caller. There are some sad lives led by some of you that you let these tiny things get to you. I wish I had the time or stress free life to be bothered about such irrelevancies.

Apologies. Clearly, I wasn't referring to you, and I shouldn't really have included your quote.

Sponsored Links
Back